1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Presents "You make the call".

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Intermediate group?

3. Knotcher

Clubman race. Same Same. Inside rider blames outside rider on social media with other video while outside rider is still in ER with broken ribs, concussion and a punctured lung.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Were you here this last weekend?? I'm pretty sure I still have yet to meet you in person :eek:

The rider on the inside very clearly had the line.. the camera bike is at fault.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nowhere near enough info to make any call not knowing the normal race line through that corner or the like.

Gut instinct is it looks like just converging lines but inside rider had the position for a long long time (in racing time) before the contact.

Not sure what injuries have to do with anything. They do suck for sure tho.

JBall and Ducti89 like this.
  6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

eek

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Brain fart.

8. Knotcher

how is the outside rider at fault when off the throttle and the inside bike moves out from the inside line that rapidly? looks to me like the inside rider out broke themselves and ran wide suddenly. That crack from the camera bike is mid track.

Yeah I was there.

tropicoz, Jon Wilkens and K51000 like this.
  9. Knotcher

That isn't a race line I am familiar with for T2. Second 8 of the video shows what I am talking about.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Inside bike moved way wide off the line as Knotcher says.

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Hm, good point, the inside bike definitely ran very wide very quickly, on corner entry. Hadn't noticed that the first time through. However, ultimately, the inside rider cannot see the outside rider, so the onus to avoid a collision is traditionally placed on the outside rider. Shitty and unpredictable riding by Inside Bike in this particular video, but Outside Bike "should have" run wide as well, and/or braked, to avoid the collision. Really, this situation is not terribly different from the alternate universe where Inside Bike simply lowsides, and Outside Bike now has to avoid a sliding fully out-of-control missile instead of a rolling somewhat out-of-control one.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once inside bike gets ahead of outside bike you really should call them "the rider ahead" and "the rider behind" or something like that... :D

Even after descriptions I'm still leaning on converging race lines (normal or not) and the rider who had been passed not giving enough room.

13. Knotcher

except the inside bike had just passed the outside bike and knew full well that bike was there.

14. Knotcher

ride ahead and behind are better nomenclature. Thanks.

15. Knotcher

Interesting perspective, and you've seen a lot. Mine is that there was at least 6 feet of room well into the corner and then in about .25 seconds there is none. During that time, the rider behind is on a standard line and off the throttle. Why did the rider ahead, if completing the pass come back and out so quickly?

edit - that trajectory of the rider ahead is headed off the track in another quarter second or so.

Chino52405 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Cuz they're a novice, and novices are terrifying, lol.

backbone and Ducti89 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the inside bike was totally past or damn near 100% past the outside one. So both knew each other was there.

Ducti89 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  18. Knotcher

She's not a novice.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The inside bike was completely ahead. Therefore the pass was made. Outside guy had the duty to relinquish the position.

Pretty simple to see that.

20. Knotcher

Agreed. I would expect the rider ahead to continue on their line though, yes?