1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I'm glad I'm up here in the NC Piedmont area. What are you coastal peeps doing?

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I would not be glad yet, if it hits at the strength they are anticipating, you will be in for some weather also

noles19 likes this.
  3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

yep, some wind and a lot of rain, but nothing like the coast. The folks in the mountains may be in for a rough ride. The mountains seem to wring the moisture out, leading to flash flooding.

4. I’m looking forward to pre rain fishing in ne ga if we get the off stuff from it.

BHP41 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its going to s*ck if it hits us here.We are water logged as it is,and huge trees have been coming down all summer long. My best friends wife hit a huge tree as it fell in front of her on the main road just this morning as it came down from the wind and rain we are having today. Ground everywhere is soft and spongy,and with a hurricane coming Im expecting alot more down everywhere. Better get the leatherface machine prepped.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hugo...

noles19 likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Showing at this point 100mph winds when it is near near Fayetteville. Still pretty far out to know exactly where it will end up and how strong it will be. 20 years in Florida, including going through Charley in 2004

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

FYI its @Steeltoe 's fault if it hits NC. Hes there now and the hurricanes are following. Its god trying to wash his cracker ass out to sea.:D

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude tell me about!

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I was looking at the NWS charts this morning - my area (Charlotte) looked like we are going to get 40mph winds. We'll probably lose power, but our cooktop is natural gas, so we'll be able to cook whatever thaws out in the freezer.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Looks like it's coming right @ me. Starting to secure anything that can get airborne . Lowes is already out of 1/2 plywood.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Just stay the hell out of MI. We dont need no Lake Michigan hurricane developing.

And shit.

:D

Also did you ever use that glue?

stk0308, Chris and motoracer1100 like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm making a map.

Tough time getting pop motivated these days.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Make sure your generators run and have all your gas cans full.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Generator is good, trying to decide if I want to buy a back up power supply of my electronics.

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

just my luck. heading to VIR for races this weekend. Leaving Florida, right into the path of a hurricane in VA ... LOL

sbk1198 and Sabre699 like this.
  17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

My daughter goes to school in Wilmington.....Been talking to her for days about what she should be doing. UNC-Wilmington already cancelled classes for the week.

Not so sure she gets it.

G Dawg likes this.
  18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Damn... we're doing Drag Week right now. In Atlanta now for tomorrows racing, then heading to Darlington for Tuesday, then Charlotte Wednesday, Bristol Thursday. Hope were out of there by then, but I doubt it.

19. When is it supposed to make landfall (or at least start affecting land)?

How far inland will it reach?

Wednesday I’m flying to Pensacola to D&D Cycles to get the new Multistrada. Then when I pick it up I’ll ride from Pensacola to Hattiesburg MS Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Then Thursday I plan on leaving my dads sometime after lunch and riding till about Birmingham (or somewhere in there, just whenever I feel like stopping).

Then Friday I’ll ride the remaining 300-400 miles home.

I’ve been looking at the forecast for those cities and some days they are calling for rain, possible t-storms, by nothing I haven’t ridden through before.

Rain doesn’t bother me, but I don’t want to ride through a hurricane.

It shouldn’t reach that far inland huh? Maybe just rain?

20. Ya she should be visiting you right about now.