1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice license

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by sportracer07, Sep 8, 2018.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys i completed my race school tday at road atlanta and managed to win my first race in v8 mw But someone told me i need to complete another race to get my license? I thougjt i could use my provisional as my license for my next race. So can i race tmrw and that count and get my official license? If i dont race tmrw will i have to do the sxhool again next year since i prbly wnt make anymore this year due to work??

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its 2 seperate weekends,not 2 races.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

But congrats on the win!

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Email Sean and ask. Always best to get final say from the Mongo's mouth.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're fine either way - you have a license it's just a PN one. If you can't get your second event in until next season that is not a problem at all. If it takes a couple years then you'd have to do the school again.

6. BobSaget

BobSaget Active Member

Sorry for hijacking but does anyone have the name and info of the photographers at RA this weekend? I know Raul is there just can't remember the others. Thanks

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Lee Fields aka active shooter photo

BobSaget likes this.
  8. Ryan Kauffman

Ryan Kauffman SuziGuy86

I was also in the race school on Saturday. I spoke with Emily both days and double checked with her on sunday. I was told that since I entered races on Saturday and Sunday (and finished) that it counted as both events on the slip. She told me she would send my Novice hard copy in the mail whenever she got it put into the system. Congrats on the win!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She's crazy but if she and the boss agree then cool. They go back and forth on that one. The reality is it doesn't mean much other than the shirt and even that is a good idea until you're 100% sure you're good to go on track.

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That's also what I heard was told to a gentleman Saturday morning at registration. . A double header counts as 2 weekends as long as you race at least one race each day.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds good to me :D