1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face ID

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keeping the stock exhaust?

2. How do I make the brightness stay maxed out?

I set it, then after a while it goes to half brightness.

I don’t have the “True Tone” or any of that shit on.

3. I was going to keep the stock one, but Rob asked if I was going to put an exhaust on it (while the wheels were off) because the rear wheel has to be off to install one.

So an Akrapovic exhaust is being overnighted there so Rob can put it on before I get it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's got something to do with sensing the ambient light, I think I turned it off on mine but been a while. I usually play with it for a day setting it up and then ignore it whether I like what it does or not :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice. If I ever start riding mine more again I really want one. Just for the sound.

6. That’s what I was thinking too. Don’t need more power, but it looks good and should sound awesome.

7. But I have that turned off. I have night mode off, all that off. I even checked the battery settings. I can’t figure it out. It keeps going to not bright for some reason. :mad:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It hates you.

9. Apparently so. :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Found it, it's a little buried in a weird spot -

Settings - General - Accessibility - Display Accommodations - Auto Brightness

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

:eek:

12. Ahhhh got it!

Thanks. That was gonna aggravate the shit out of me.

13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Wireless charger in the car is killer too. I have one that mounts to my vent and uses a magnetic mount. I just taped it inside my Apple leather case and it works great.

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

It's specifically set up to not work unless you're looking directly at the phone. Keeps people from being able to unlock your phone without you being aware (sleeping, unconscious, etc) or from the police unlocking your phone with your face to gather information from it, among other things.

15. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Too bad you just got it as they release the info on the new one tomorrow I believe. They are usually able to be ordered by the Friday after and arriving a week from that.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

The night mode is a good setting because it takes out the blue light that kills your eyes/accelerates macular degeneration . I run it all the time on all things with a screen.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Winner. The system uses IR dots and the fact that digital cameras have great IR sensitivity to track and identify the various points of your face and eye.

I've gone to enough prominent universities to not post the actual video, but if you google "how face id works" there's a YouTube at the top that illustrates it pretty clearly.

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. I’ve never been one of those people that has to have the latest iPhone. I don’t give that much of a shit about them.

But if it is tangibly better somehow and I need one, I’ll just trade this one in.

I never do that plan thing, I always just buy the phones outright. That way I can upgrade whenever I want.

19. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

My buddy has a twin brother. Either of them can open the other's phone.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

well that makes sense, since they don't ask for blood, at least in opening the phone.

Chris likes this.