1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about the round at Road Atlanta in September

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Ryan Kauffman, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Ryan Kauffman

Ryan Kauffman SuziGuy86

Good morning all. I have a few questions about the upcoming WERA round at Road Atlanta. I'm planning on registering for the race school. My question with that is (without me ever attending a WERA event), are there a certain amount of riders that can register for it? Can it fill up and riders be turned away? And second, after attending the race school, can I register for other races on Saturday as well as Sunday? Can this be done before the race school as well? Thank you in advance for the input. I'm just trying to get everything in order as much as I can ahead of time as I've also heard that your first event can be hectic without knowing what to do/where to go. Any other advice to help ease into the transition is greatly appreciated.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No you won’t be turned away... Email Sean at [email protected] and register and obtain your number now... have your bike prepped and get there early to setup.preferably the night before. Racer school starts early in the classroom so you want your registration done and your bike through tech.. I have never seen the race school full and have seen anywhere from 10to 2 riders in it at Road Atlanta.. go in with a clear mind.. have fun and definitely sign up for races after yours at the end of Lunch and Sunday.. Welcome to the most dysfunctional family on the planet!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What he said. Registration will open at 7am Saturday in the first floor of the tower - just walk across the bridge from the paddock. Tech will be over by the winners circle which you'll see when you go to the bridge. There will be blue painted lines in the paddock marking roads so don't pit in the road.

You can do the license/number portion ahead of time but I'd need the form from here - http://www.wera.com/pdfs/forms/newmember.pdf before this Wednesday since that is when Evelyne processes them. Or you can just handle it all at the track, whichever you prefer.

Any questions just post here or email me.

4. Ryan Kauffman

Ryan Kauffman SuziGuy86

Thank you both for the replies. I have already taken care of the number portion Mongo. You guys have awesome customer service with the organization. Thank you TLR67 for the welcome. I have several friends that race and I'm glad to finally get to experience it myself. I look forward to meeting new people at the events.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad it's all coming together!

6. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey ryan i will also be taking the riders school, look me up if you want, maybe we will be in the same class ill be in a blue dodge dakota,with a green and black 02 ZX6r. My name is jason

7. Ryan Kauffman

Ryan Kauffman SuziGuy86

Yes sir I’ll keep an eye out for you. I’ve got an orange and black gsxr 1000. I’ll be near the baseline motorsports canopy.