1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica|Championship of Pittsburgh|Aug 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 23, 2018.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

He definitely wasn’t on the Race line when all of us slow guys caught him on the backstretch.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

From a fan perspective, I am here with some people that don't really follow the sport, or know the riders, but do enjoy racing in general. They loved the twins the race and were bummed we didn't get to see a 4 bike shootout to the end. For the day, even with the red flags it never felt like we sat around for too long and the day really moved along at a good pace. I heard chatter from some around me that they were sticking around until the end of the twins, since they were't running today and the crowd still looked pretty good at the end of the day. Obviously all just anecdotal, but still positive.

I would be curious to see how this years attendance numbers compare to last. It feels like more people over in the camping area, but i didn't see as many bikes in the bike parking.

rcarson15 and TLR67 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Up for pre sales for sure. No clue on final numbers yet but it definitely looks better.

5. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

6. 418

418 Expert #59

LOL. I need to lay off the quesedilla's if I'm gonna get my fat ass up to some kinda respectable race pace.

You racing at RoadA?

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Windy section of track. Staying on the outside of one corner meant being on the inside of the next or crossing over the race line. He chose to stay on one side of the track which put him on the race line for a few corners but was still much safer because he was easy to pass. Predictable lines and all. Crossing the race line at such a reduced speed is where it could’ve been dangerous.

How did he run out of gas? Just a simple oversight? Or does MA not allow a splash during red flag?

aloyas likes this.
  8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

It would help for sure, but I’d bet the farm there were at least one or two 2mil motors in the field yesterday.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Kris was having intermittent shift issues in the upper gears that made the power advantage look worse at times, culminating in a broke shift rod coming to the line...

cajun636, 5axis, mpusch and 1 other person like this.
  10. Be proud, he rode very well. Was fun to watch.

cajun636 likes this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What's going on with the track today? Times seem far off. .

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Had a lot of rain last night and this morning. It's still drying out. It's windy and overcast.

TX Joose likes this.
  13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Ahh that makes sense. Was an exciting finish!

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I wondered what he was gesturing to Madama when he tapped his boot on the cool down lap. Thanks for clarifying. Great race. Too bad Parrish was a DNF. That 4 bike battle in the early laps was epic.

15. I was thinking he was gesturing “I’m gonna put a boot in your ass” :)

cajun636 and turner38 like this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No.. AHRMA at Tally that weekend....

418 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wet track all morning. Dry now for racing.

18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Chicane definitely showing it’s worth with Yates’ crash

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a feeling based on the radio.

Our turn now! :D

20. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

BeIn 6 has the camera on the front straight streaming in between Greg, Jason and Hannah recording intros, transitions, etc., so live WERA racing.