1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey is going out for football again.

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Knew the no sir was coming....

dtalbott likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I go hiking with a 35lb weight plate in my backpack sometimes. It's unbelievable how much more strain that puts on my back, hips, legs, knees, and feet. And that's just 35lbs. Lots of people are way more overweight than that.

condon66 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, my kid is tall and skinny. I get the "you need to feed your kid sometime" shit from some parents.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Football should absolutely help get him into a regular regimen of exercise. He truly does need to watch his diet too, that'll depend on how that weight gets carried in part (genetics being most of it) which will matter long term.

Nothing truly wrong with them now at all, but it's really time to figure out things and build habits into them that will carry over to adulthood. Stuff I truly wish I'd done.

5. I was about to make a similar comment. I have a vest with multiple pouches for weights that serves the same purpose. Maxed out, it adds 50lbs.

Aside from the muscle soreness, I can definitely feel it in my knees and ankles after I’m done.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

shut up monkey man or no new tire swing for you! :D

7. Mongo made a very good point that needs to be emphasized.

It always worries me when I see teenagers who are overweight, because that is when their metabolism is at its peak.

If someone is putting on weight as a teenager, without drastic and strict diet/exercise changes, it will get much worse as they get older and their metabolism slows.

Yzasserina, JJJerry and 5axis like this.
  8. But I love tire swings. :(

:D

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Quick! To the YouTube thread!

10. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I didn't want to argue with the "completely fine" comment from 418 earlier but, when I read that I thought of my friend and how he LIVED to be in the woods or riding motorcycles but as he got heavier and heavier and before any medical issues began to surface, his quality of life took a nose-dive. All the things he loved to do....done....couldn't do it anymore. I can remember the very last time he went canoeing with some friends and me. He was so big that he was dragging places where 225 lb guys weren't. That trip absolutely sucked for him and it was the last time he ever went canoeing. And that was BEFORE his weight began to have medical effects. So, no, just because someone doesn't have high b/p, or diabetes, that doesn't mean they're ok being 100 lbs over-weight. Not being able to continue doing the things that were his life was not "completely fine".

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Weight in general has detrimental effects on longevity. Bodybuilders with low body fat suffer from many of the same problems obese people do. Your heart, lungs, and other organs can only support so much tissue.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

All of y'all can kiss my ass.

I'm having a Dairy Queen Blizzard for dinner tonight. This thread is stressing me out.

condon66, Gorilla George and dtalbott like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Can we get back to cheering Joey on, and hope he sticks with it, and in turn will be a small step in the right direction.

Let's go Joey get those pads on. Maybe Joey can use some of you knuckle heads as tackling dummies.:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I am going to run like my ass is on fire and my hair is catching if he comes head-down at me! I might be dumber than hell but, I ain't stupid!

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't eat your feelings:mad:

17. 418

418 Expert #59

When even Mongo leaves you high and dry, you know it's time to retreat.

Last time I stand up for fellow fatties around here.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

You sumbitch..

Another round of DQ it is.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shut up ya' fat assed Albanian. :D

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

dtalbott.......if you can,get the boys to an event like this. Sometimes its better to work with what we have naturally as a way to improve ourselves,instead of struggling to become something we just aren't. PL-ing is also great for football!! https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaUSAPL/