1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I discovered this morning that my dog chewed up my headphones last night so I guess it's time to get a new set. The ones I had were samsung and worked well enough but took some manipulation via boiling water to make the hooks that go over your ear fit right. I wear these mainly for working out so they need to be secure, and they need to be comfy. I have no interest in the big over ear headset things.

Should I just go ahead and buy the airpods? I debating between those and these Ankers

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Wireless-Earphones-Bluetooth-Technology-Resistant/dp/B075JBP2P7

2. No.

Jabra Elite Active 65t.

By far the best Bluetooth headphones I’ve ever used.

busa99 likes this.
  3. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I have the powerbeats 3 and like them.
    Pros:
    Battery life is crazy long. I can use them for 5 days without charging(1.5hours/day)
    Very secure, never fall off my ear
    Pretty comfortable
    Sound quality is decent(not amazing though)
    Name brand recognition makes the girls in the gym more attracted to you

Cons:
    Price
    The rubber ear bud piece doesn't fit in my ear great so they don't always seal well. They do come with other sizes though that might work

4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Revjams FTW

They're good bang for buck and Groupon usually has them cheap. I know we all have different shapes ears but I can even play basketball and they stay in.

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have been wearing these for the last two years. No problems or issues. Battery life is six hours, and it they don't wobble around or fall of during runs or workouts. I wear them around the house while watching/listening to MotoGP races. They let me know on my phone when the battery level drops to one hour or less. And they are cheap enough that I don't mind losing or breaking them, although I have done neither in the last two years.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Airpods would be dogshit for working out, IMO.

You need something that is either in-ear or has wrap-around functionality.

For me, I'm not willing to spend big money on something that I use for the gym, so it's usually the wraparound style that has the connecting wire that goes behind my head. Not "truly" wireless, I guess. For how much I sweat, I can just replace them if they break or get too gross after a year or two.

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I'm currently going through a stack of wireless headphones as my old (since undergrad) Shure E3C setup had one of the bud's stems break off in my ear.

Switched to Jaybird X2, they were awesome in terms of fit and sound. After two years of 5-6 days/week in the gym for use, the wireless signal started dropping for no reason, and the buttons stopped functioning correctly. So, fuck you, those went in the trash.

I went and bought a set of Jaybird X3 Sport earbuds. For an updated version of the X2, they sounded like Roaseanne Barr singing the National Anthem back in the 90s. So, those went straight back to poo poo town.

Next up, the JBL Everest Elite 150NC. Great low end, no mids and cracking treble. Those lasted one day before they go returned.

So, the girl at Best Buy who's getting to know me, suggest a set of Beets (Beats? Betes?) - Fuck off, I say - give me the JBL Everest V110GA and make me a sammich. These had the opposite problem of the previous JBLs, nice up top, but no low end oomph. Though, I tried to make them work, I really did, messing with the EQ on my player, but to no joy.

Then came the Shure SE425 with wireless connection. For a set of $300 headphones, they sucked in sound quality when compared to the 20-year-old Shure E3C setup I rocked for fifteen years. But damn, they were comfortable. If you've ever cleaned your ears with a Q-Tip and shot a load, yeah, they're close to that level of amazing comfort. But, the sound quality annoyed me, so back to the store those went!

Bang & Olofsen's, by virtue of being Danish, and "high-end," almost had me happy. The Beoplay E8 buds were excellent up top, but lacked more sound definition the further down the acoustic range you went. But they were really comfortable and the UX was nice. I liked not fucking with the buttons much - just touch it and go. Nice. Those lasted almost ten days before going back.

I traded those in for a set of Sony WF-SP700N Sport earbuds. Went out to the car, put them in and hated them like (I presume), ANTIFA hates the police. Those didn't make it out of the parking lot. Went back in and traded for a set of Jaybird Run True Wireless ear buds.

I've had these about a week-and-a-half meow, they're comfortable, but just today the signal started cutting out for no apparent reason. Having read some reviews, I saw this as a chief complaint, but figured, since the B&O unit I had garnered the same complaints, thought nothing of it. Well, no - these just started to suck four hours ago, but they sound almost as good as the old X2. So, they're going back tonight in exchange for a set of Jabras per Mr. boo - er, Broome's take. He's a dick that doesn't like shit product, so I'll give those a try next and report back next week.

I hope this helps!

- sent from my Samsung S2000, don't judge me for the poor spelling

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Thank you. Let me know how the Broome ones work.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You'd think that, but surprisingly, the stock wired iphone headphones are pretty secure. I've never lost one when working out, mowing, etc. I'm more concerned about blocking out the sound. I like the ones with the rubber plugs to block out ambient noise.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If there are any left.....

Steeltoe, Rico888 and Gorilla George like this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I just bought my first set of wireless earbuds for running, they are cheap ones from Amazon. They worked fine at first but now cut out as I run, like the Bluetooth isn't working well. Does this just happen because I bought trash or is there any fix?

12. :crackup:

13. BTW, the Jabra Active Elite 65t are the in-the-ear type. They don’t have the cord that wraps around.

Not only do I workout in them, I play basketball in them. Ive never had one move or mess up. I don’t even feel them. It is like the music is coming from nowhere.

2 hints:

1. Use the biggest plastic ear piece thing (at least I did). That aids the noise canceling and makes them more solid.

2. To get the best sound, download the Jabra app. It has an adjustable Equalize that lets you make the sound a lot better.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I must have some funked-up ears, then. I've never understood how anybody can keep those smooth, pure plastic earbuds in their ears. They fall out of mine with minimal movement, and if I'm sweating.....fuggehtaboutit.
    I've notice some of the cheaper BT earbuds sometimes don't do well in open areas as the signal has nothing (walls etc.) for the signal to bounce off of. My pair work perfect when I'm inside the gym, but can periodically lose signal when I'm out in the open. NBD during the summer, and there's no chance I'm running outdoors in this heat.

YRMV

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The Samsung's my dog ate (were about $50) cut out a lot outdoors too. Even worse when my phone was in my right pocket as opposed to my left. I never equated it to being outdoors though. I figured it was because I was moving so much.

16. lilmatt

lilmatt Member

+1 for Jabra. Get the active not the elite sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I was running outside on a greenway, but mine connects to my watch, not a phone. I quickly realized it was cutting out as the watch passed my body, but it didn't do that when it was new so something obviously changed.

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Dunno much about a fix. I bought on the higher end with the Jaybirds, and they’re the only ones that cut out all that I’ve tried/sampled. So, I put it down to the product, not my phone as that’s been the control between each set of earbuds.

Now, if these Jabras suck, then Broom sucks ...

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I had to go to Sam's anyway, so I grabbed some Air Pods. They're awesome. I wore them all evening yesterday and working out this morning and they're great. They wouldn't stay in playing basketball like the one's Broome mentioned (I'll probably get some of those for more extreme activities) but these are super comfy and sound/work great.

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

sharkattack likes this.