1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges...

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

It's still listed on their website as an event. I don't have facebook and I'm sure others don't, as well. Without your post, I would've driven up there from PA and been fucking pissed.

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

If it happens, I’m in...

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Ive always dreamed of a 24 hours endurance....So far ive done Five 6 hour endurance races....
    In the end I think I just want to do part of it at night...So yeah...an 8 hour with part at night sounds better. Break out the Sharkskin endurance bodyworks!!!

PS: We need summit back on the race map...sprints and endurance.

joec, Wheel Bearing and DucatiBomber like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Back in the day, maybe 83 or 84, there was a Nelson endurance into the night, I think an 8 hr, that was a preliminary for the 24 hr. I don't remember if it was mandatory or not. I rode a lot of laps at night at Nelson. I would probably do another 24 hr if we had one. It has been long enough since my last one that the pain has faded.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I also saw the event cancelation on Nelson’s FB Page. Didn’t realize the driving school pulled out. That’s not a way to build a reputation. I can only assume other tracks notice.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I’m in and will 100% field a team at anything whether an 8 or even a 24 hour event at Nelson Ledges.

I think an 8 or 12 hour would be a good start to allow teams to build and test all the various things that are needed for a race of that length such as lights, front quick change, spares, etc...

Although, I think we should look at ways to rent some lighting for the track the same as they do for world endurance. Makes it safer for the riders. I’d love to work with you guys on it!

galloway840 likes this.
  7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

All I need to hear is the E word and 3MR will be there!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll have to see on cost, it's going up a ton to pay for all the work.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8 is feasible, the others are not unless you can find a sponsor to basically pay enough in purse to help offset the tire cost for everyone. An Ultralightweight 24 might be feasible but not 600's and up just on tires and fuel.

JBall and regularguy like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Right now I'm trying to get runoff, once we get back in there we'll see if they can even get away with a race after dark. neighborhoods have gotten closer.

12. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I was just there Monday for a track day and track surface is awesome.

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Not all that important. Just asking. What kind of pit pavement surface and bathrooms improvements?

14. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Maybe some, maybe none. Who cares. A loooong time ago I was at Nelson for the first time and asked the nice lady at the gate about the shitters. Her response was "did you come here to shit or did you come here to RACE. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has heard this from her. Good times.

bacolmm and condon66 like this.
  15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

That's what Broome's rig is for...to take thunder dumps in.

16. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

None to speak of. Unless you count demolishing a couple of structures and adding a trailer bathroom. 99% of the improvements are in the surface itself. Tires are still there,
    nasty shitter, deteriorated pit pavement. But I'm not bitching. I had to eat my hat following the resurface, and I did so gladly and with a dash of salt to make it more palatable.:D

17. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

What’s the chances of a 6 or 8 hour endurance race(s) next year?

18. wicked lizard

wicked lizard Well-Known Member

We have another track day Aug 25 and 26...evolve gt..
    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Todd@MPH likes this.
  19. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I think a 12 hour is feasible. Most teams I’ve spoken with run one front during a 4 hour and 2 rears.

So you’re looking at 3-4 fronts and 6-7 rears.

Not that bad when split between a 3 rider team. Oh and we should limit teams to 3-4 riders :)

wicked lizard likes this.