1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this doesn't happen everyday

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Aug 11, 2018.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

2. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I wonder if he was a pedophile? In the audio, he says he’s got some screws loose and if he lands they’ll lock him up for life. His words were “a guy like me”. This little plane theft wouldn’t have resulted in too harsh a sentence, so you gotta wonder just what has this guy done?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Now they got him on arson, too...

[​IMG]

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They could charge him with f@ckin' a donkey and shitting in Dit's neighbor's fort it won't matter. He's dead.

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im impressed actually. The dude got the engines running, taxiied to takeoff, and got the sucker in the air. Most people never could have done that.

K51000 and Lawn Dart like this.
  6. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Any TZ pilot can do that.

7. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

We just bought a crashed Q400 from Africa last month, looks like I'll be watching for another insurance auction ...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you look at the initial footage of the wreckage spot? I don't think there will be much to auction off.

9. Wingnut

No I didnt.
    We do buy damaged aircraft but we won't if there has been fatalities.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, this guy wasn't trying to land. Not that it wasn't already clear from the ATC communications.

11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Pretty wild way to go out.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I cant bring nail clippers on a plane, but apparently some dude can walk in and get one flying. A little scary.

13. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Just curious, does that damage the value in the used parts market or is it a sort of aviation bad luck thing?

14. Wingnut

Every single part on an aircraft has a thorough inspection criteria written by each manufacturer. If the part passes that inspection/repair than its good to go. It's just my personal opinion not to buy anything that someone passed away in.

There was crazy stories from ValueJet who used a lot of parts from their own aircraft that crashed in the Florida Everglades throughout the rest of their fleet.

Just a bad JuJu thing I guess.

The first house I bought was through an estate auction. House was in a fire, which I knew before biddingbut didnt know it killed the homeowner. I had some kind of weird shit happen in that house.

15. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Do share!

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

[​IMG]

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ketron Island less than five miles from my mother's house. Ain't no way they would have let him land at McChord AFB.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

more impressive the aerobatics the fella was doing. :D

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Most impressive was his explanation on his flying - "I played some video games."

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

What dots did you connect to bring pedophilia in to this?? :whoosh:

Yeah, he had few screws loose - he stole a f@cking airplane. Despite his mental state, he still had the presence of mind to realize the consequences of his actions. It was a very public, and pretty audacious, suicide mission from a guy that wanted to go out with a bang (as it were)... No need to suggest any more weirdness to what was going on in this poor guys mind.

Orvis, MikeR, R1Racer99 and 1 other person like this.