YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, and Apple ban Alex Jones AKA InfoWars

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by GixxerBlade, Aug 6, 2018.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

No idea who he was, but they just made him a martyr. If he's a conspiracy theorist then they basically just proved him right. After the outcry is done, they'll let him back.

rk97 and Phl218 like this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The guys in the office were playing a clip of him claiming the govt was putting shit in the water to make everyone gay and even frogs are turning gay all while sobbing hysterically. That's enough for me to know he isn't fit to be delivering news.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There are at least two votes against free speech...

Orvis likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dude is certifiable, but I'm not sure that I agree with censorship unless you are going to apply it evenly and equally.

kangasj likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Welcome to start of the corporate censorship system. They'll make the FCC seem tame before it is over. Once again proving nothing is free. You want free speech...you can...just not on their corporate advertising sponsored video machine.

Alex is, of course, free to start his own streaming media solution to deliver his message to those willing to pay for it. My guess is he is not ready to foot the bill for that however or he would have already been doing it.

GixxerBlade and Phl218 like this.
  7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

He believed the government blew up the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. He’s out there a bit.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How is it any different than not showing nudity on broadcast tv? The guy is a purposefully over the top and full of shit, an embodiment of a grocery store checkout tabloid.

Besides, he wasn’t jailed for his speech, you can still get all of it on his website.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered: has Alex Jones gotten rich doing what he's doing? Is it all an act? If so, kudos.

As for OP, I'm split. It's their sandbox, they can do what they want. However, I don't think
    it will help them in the future, esp if this is a first step. There has to be a left wing looney as bad as Alex Jones: did that person get axed as well?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can see both sides of the coin here.

Alex Jones is a bit of nut case. But as mentioned there is no constitutional right for you to be able to have a Youtube or Apple account. They have TOS conditions, which if you violate them in their opinion then you can be banned from their platform.

Agreed, its not like he's being jailed for him opinions and speech, he's simply not allowed to broadcast them on a particular platform that does not agree with his point of view. Having said all that I don't think it will be surprising to see more and more censorship of this nature as time goes on.

Orvis likes this.
  11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Yes, he's gotten rich, quite rich. His divorce and custody legal proceedings were pretty revealing on that topic. His show is just a platform to build a passionate marketing audience for all of the stupid junk, protein powders, etc. that are advertised on his programs. From what I recall, he pretty much outright owned almost every company that markets on his show, and he outright admitted that what he does is just for marketing and entertainment and he doesn't believe any of it. All of which, while unethical, is certainly legal. That being said, what he did to the parents of Sandy Hook children reaches such a despicable level of depravity, that there's no conscionable way to defend him or his program and I honestly think that he warranted being singled out and his programs 86'd as Drudge was reporting it as.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/s...than-take-down-one-website-to-save-democracy/

This is the next step. He wasn't jailed but the tyrannical left will do that if they can. Remember all the leftists that want "climate change deniers to be prosecuted"? The social media sites can ban to their heart's content, and willfully work as a propaganda arm of the Democrat party, but it's that next step that's a doozy!

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Facism suits you well comrade

14. blkduc

Yes the guy peddles fear and he's quite the scumbag and deserves whatever the court of public opinion decides. But that link in my post above is government oppression to be concerned about. This is a politician wanting to silence dissenting opinions. Tread lightly with the pitchforks folks.

15. blkduc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
    ;)

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Seems more like a private business choosing who they will and won't do business with. I guess if he was gay and wanting a cake we would all be applauding youtube bakery.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If he was gay and wanting to have a cake baked YouTube would have produced the content for him. Once again they need to be careful with letting their political positions dictate their business...they aren't the only video delivery system in town. They could drive away some of their content producers to other platforms which they seem to be willing to do on occasion via their monetization policies. It is their business however so I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that.

kangasj likes this.
  18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of that politician, his statements are ludicrous and it looks like he's being called out for the hypocrisy on his own Twitter feed. Thanks for the link. That politician is simply trying to turn this into something that it isn't, and of course that needs to be stopped in the name of liberty. What's currently happened though, and which I'm applauding, is that private industry has rescinded the platforms of their services due to contractual breaches (Terms of Service Agreements) by him. Holding people accountable for their actions in a legal manner, and letting private industry determine their own contractual requirements between private parties, can be argued as the essence of liberty.

Jedb, blkduc and 2blueYam like this.
  19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Do you think they apply their TOS equally between the right and the left?

GixxerBlade likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

100%. Sadly, its only the leftist shill companies that have that freedom.

Now bake that cake before you go the gulag!

crashman likes this.