1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Barber!!?!?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still have to run the numbers. Hoped to do it before now but keep getting sidetracked with other stuff.

cajun636 likes this.
  4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Long shot but I'll throw it out there...

How about a special "early bird" registration?

Mutually beneficial in so much that those of us who will commit early get a break on price and you guys will have more solid numbers...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a price break for pre entry.

6. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

If our first race goes okay at VIR, I would suspect we will be in for Barber as well if it happens.

7. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

How are those numbers looking…?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh at best.

I'll crunch them again before we talk to peeps over the weekend but so far even if I assume everyone who came for a full days practice will show for a half day (at half price) we still need something like guaranteed 30 teams to pay the bills. I don't see all the practice peeps showing and paying for just morning practice. Which means we need more teams to offset whatever potential drop there is in that income. And it will have to be on Thursday - which is another problem drawing teams.

The GNF is a tough one to do an Endurance at without having sponsorship to offset the income loss of doing just a practice day.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW the boss will be discussing it with other peeps this weekend and we'll know for sure next week.

tawzx12r likes this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Since I’m stuck on the tarmac at RDU, one idea might be to offer it contingent on pre-reg numbers and then see if folks poney up? We are interested and would show for sure since CMRA big bike endurance appears DOA.

JBall likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a couple CMRA peeps asking about it.

Like I said, we'll see next week. The pre entry thing could work but I hate for people to make all the plans and then have it not happen. BTDT and it sucks ass for everyone. The sprint guys wouldn't know until late about the practice length and the teams could have bought airfares and all that.

12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Good luck to all today at VIR. Any live timing up?

r6boater likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Race-Monitor.com

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Big announcement this evening at the VIR podium...

Endurance races Thursday of the GNF!!!

cajun636, t11ravis and JBall like this.
  15. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

It was a fun day. A few too many red flags in the UL endurance race, but such is racing...it happens sometimes. At least we didn't have to refuel because of the lost time :)

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Unless I misunderstood what was said at the riders meeting, endurance race, not races, right? No UL?

17. worthless

Was everyone OK? Heard they took Kayla primarily for safety due to her age. Was joking with Jim Roth, that the young'uns are fine, it's the old bastards they gotta take care of!

18. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

One or the other of us misunderstood...

But I hope you're wrong.

19. worthless

I heard something along the lines of 'sorry guys, maybe next year' and swore he was talking about UL @ GNF. I was huffing gas fumes just before, so, very easily could have been me that misunderstood.

20. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

She was fine. She was wondering around the pits the rest of the day with an ice pack is all. Out of all the crashers I knew of, at least 3 of them rejoined sooner or later. Not sure what happened during the last red flag since I wasn't on track during that one.

I heard the same thing. No UL race is what they said in the meeting.