1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welp... can I get a refund

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, lawyers overstating for effect :D

Phl218 likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

it suprises me that some fairly sharp folks fell for their multi-level donor plan(s) ...lol

Gold Member Status
    Platinum Status
    Platinum Benefactor Status
    etc

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

It's pretty interesting if you read it, the state is causing banks and insurance companies to refuse their business because they fear repercussions.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, sooner or later that I think that will come back and bite the state in the ass.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Who's ass?...

NRA or Bank & Insurance?...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, the states ass? Pretty sure that's what I typed in :crackup:

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that folks who are for the banks shunning specific business are one day going to be on the flip side of the coin and we will see how much they like it...it always comes back around...sometimes it just takes longer..right now they are savoring the salty flavor on their tongues that is Trump...:)

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Businesses pick and choose their customers all the time. It's not news, and it happens daily.
    There are a lot of reasons to do business with another firm or organization, and a lot of reasons not to. Each business/organization does the calculation for themselves and acts accordingly.

I think it's called freedom.

Outside pressure, real or imagined always figures into those calculations.

10. beac83

When I take NRA classes, they always push their membership benefits.

I was struck by the insurance offer that NY state has determined is a violation of their laws.

It seemed too good to be true. I guess it was.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Using the power of the state to put pressure on political opponents is not freedom.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I would 100% in a case when it is not the government. But when the government coerces legal businesses be avoided that is an issue (if the NRA claim is valid). If your bank is run by anti-gun crazies then you just have a poor business plan which can sink or swim based upon your choices.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. beac83

My understanding of the position of the State of New York is that the Insurance offered can indemnify a person against consequences of performing an illegal act.

If indeed that is the case, then there is validity to the pressure on the insurance companies to not offer such insurance.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting of all people I would expect you to understand that stand for the rights of those you disagree with is more important than defending the rights of those you do agree with. Once the state can persecute the opposition we are all doomed. Venezuela here we come if the Democrat party does not either lose or shift back toward the center.

15. beac83

I'm not standing with anyone. I have no love for NY state, and greatly appreciate the NRA firearm safety classes I've taken. You seem to be reading things into my post that aren't there.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Libs are hell bent on dismantling the NRA. Have been for decades. Fuck New York.

R Acree likes this.
  17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does to me also. In fact, doesn't it seem like a case of reverse extortion, or threats, for anyone, including the state, to force their views onto insurance companies to get them to shun the NRA?