1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPM Suing NJMP

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3. joec

joec brace yourself

BigBird likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Lol - I was curious to see how this would be handled.

BigBird, joec and Ducti89 like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry man, I was trying to figure out my lacrosse trip to WI. :D

joec likes this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

scottn, Chino52405, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Soooo can someone clear something up for me, does this new alliance mean other trackday orgs can no longer rent the track???

I can remember how sad Roy was when NJMP picked TPM as their "exclusive MC trackday org" and now look at them!?!?! LOL!

Going back to the "trade secret" topic, I'm guessing it's related to that 'membership based' structure. I can recall rumors that TPM had literally thousands of members, back in the day....... it's not rocket science trying to figure out roughly how much capital he had at the start of each season which I'd think would help in securing trackday deposits.

Did any other motorsport clubs run like that before TPM??? I dunno but when the trade secret crap came up that's what I thought of.

8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

And there you have it.

A monopoly in the making.

The pork is done.

Come get your share.

If you want higher pricing and less track time.... you just got it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

TPM used to be the exclusive partner but NESBA still had their fair share of dates there, well at least at the beginning in 2008.

I don't think they'll cannibalize all the dates, this looks more akin to NJMP driver's club, just for motorcycles. At the end, I hope it keeps the sport and track going.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

$400 minimum annual membership? That's absolutely crazy.

Edit: $1 beers after TDs doesnt sound so bad

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Oh the motorcycle industry .... like a fine wine, gets better with age.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubt it'll affect the other track days other than with regard to date choice.

Basically NJMP and VIR and a number of other tracks are making really good money doing the golf course country club setup for rich drivers/riders. This is just a motorcycle version of what they've been doing all along with car stuff.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If I lived closer (Philly area or Jersey) and didn't have to deal with DC, Baltimore and I-95 Delaware bridge traffic and tolls, I would be fine paying that membership fee for what you get. But for me with Summit Point and NCBike being closer and no tolls to get there it doesn't make any sense. Sadly with them taking the best dates, I may never actually try NJMP now unless it ends up being better run that what I hear it has been in the past.

15. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I like the idea of the club and would even be okay with the high membership fee if it means that riding there would be cheaper. However, jacking up the membership fee and then not dropping the track day fees isn't cool no matter how many $1 beers I can drink. At this point I'm just really hoping they don't make any changes to the Kart track. I love going there

XFBO likes this.
  16. 97audia4

97audia4 Member

I stopped riding with ace after a crash 4 years ago when he came to me with my GoPro in his hand asking me what I would do if he just took it, good parts on my bike missing when I went to pick it up at the garage and he just steugged his shoulders like he didn't care and wouldn't help. Fuck that guy I hope he fails.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Agreed.

That kart track deal is the bees knees.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And when you talk about the North East area it seems everyone is always worried about who is pissing in their cheerios and who is getting more of what. They should be worried about their business first and foremost.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Correct. If people could step outside their own bubbles and see the bigger picture, everyone could inclusively benefit, as a whole. The premature personal and political agendas going unchecked, have for a long time - made short-term, short-sighted and often negative impacts to the industry.

Time for some coffee ..

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey you ride Pirellis, have a espresso Eddie I just made one!