1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPM Suing NJMP

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jul 26, 2018.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I edited my response because I don't know if Monte actually got kicked out. Who knows. I love that track. There has to be some reason why Richard doesn't rent it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cost and traction issues - well, at least perception of traction issues - is my guess.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

thought i remember seeing that Dafan dude qualify for Formula Xtreme back in the day as a privateer. my old roommate from back when used to do TPM events some and i think was getting instruction from him a little bit.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

N2
    EvolveGT
    Absolute

Those are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

noles19 likes this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

And they're both lawyers!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    In Your Corner likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

I have no clue who those guys are, but that's just hilarious.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

2003? 2006?

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

As you say, who knows what the truth is?

As a business owner, who bought an existing business, when I read the original guy sold it to the new party in 2017 or 18 and then I see all these dates cancelled in the middle of 2018, that concerns me. I know how hard it is to take over something, try and figure it out and keep it going properly, while making payments to the bank for the business you just bought.

Hopefully, something works out so the new guy doesn't lose everything.

JBraun likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If they can't make the payments, all bets are off and you're out on your ass.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's ironic, it used to seem that TPM had a stranglehold on all the [ideal] days at NJMP, and now...

BigBird and Ducti89 like this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

2006. Post LRRS.

13. Ducti89

Thought so! Thank you.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They are back to printing "NESBA sucks" stickers?

15. Ducti89

Sadly, i think (hope not) that both of these titans will die the same death....

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I was gonna mention the rental payments in alleged arrears (at NCM, too) but, because I heard it through the grapevine prior to this thread, I figured I'd let the pieces fall as they may. Who knew there would be a lawsuit (fraudulent?), let alone press?

On a separate note, I'm glad TPM is done at NJMP...they have arguably the worst crowds of inappropriately skilled riders. (They are the org I mentioned in the trackday racing thread with whom I will not ride. 'Course, it could be their NJMP crowd that jaded me.)

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Cmooooon no one here can add some more drama to this soap opera??? Did Glen really sell his baby off or what???

My track addiction actually began with them way back in 2001!

18. Ducti89

Njmp brings New Yorkers. Like, a lot of them. Seems like ace does, too. The NYers do ok at ccs there but as soon as you go to vir and points south, reality kicks in and they stay at njmp in their comfort zone.

N2 and EGT, fwiw, brings a more controlled crowd.

19. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the situation but I'm pretty darn sure it's not in any company's best interest to have fewer customers and less demand, unless of course the customer isn't actually a paying customer!

bacolmm likes this.
  20. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

Hey look at that! I haven't posted on this board in years yet I'm a "well known member!"

G 97, joec and Emerson like this.