1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard

Discussion in 'General' started by kyle carver, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Anyone have one of the smaller ones. Any problems? Next year I will be going to a site where the last mile is gravel/dirt road and I was wanting to ride rather than drive all the time. It is an hours ride to the site but then I will be in the middle of some great roads. Any ideas Thanks

2. R1RJ

R1RJ Well-Known Member

I Have a 2014 821 Hyperstrada... Same bike pretty much and love it. Adjustable fork cartridges are about the only thing needed. Get the SP version and you are set!

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They are absolutely amazing. Make sure you fill up first. The tank is small.

Don’t get wheelie tickets.

Buy one.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Is the 796 or 821 a wheelie machine? I've never ridden one. My 1100 lofts the front before I even know its happening.

5. R1RJ

R1RJ Well-Known Member

My 821 wheelies till I get bored with the front end being in the air....

MachineR1 likes this.
  6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Didn't know they made a 796. I thought the Motard was only made in 821, 939, and 1100???

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

When I cannot ride track days anymore I will probably sell everything but my Hypermotard. Or I’ll sell it to get a new one.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Wheelies. Big honkin’ wheelies. Like, you’ll be minding your own business, see a cop minding his own business, and you’ll get up with that wheelie wheelie good business.

The bike should have a sticker on the mirror that says “OBJECTS IN MIRROR MAY HAVE FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS”

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Truth

10. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I don’t worry about the wheelies, the only bike I could wheelie was a CR500 and they were not controlled at any time. Question is would it be ok to take a hypermotard off road , if only for a couple miles. Sounds like they don’t have a lot of issues. Thanks

11. Robby-Bobby

Every hyper is a wheelie machine. They welheelie so effortlessly.

12. Robby-Bobby

Yes they can go off road.

No you shouldn’t hit any sweet jumps.
    No you shouldn’t take it in mud.

I’ve seen it done but they don’t enjoy it.

13. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

This may be of interest. This guy turned his Hyper into a capable off-roader and took it on an epic Colorado back country trip. It looked pretty damn cool too, if I say so myself.
    https://www.ducati.ms/#/topics/535162

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Most of the upright bikes are decent enough on dirt roads. I was leading some friends in NC on ride last summer, another friend told me about a great road and some good side roads. Ended up doing maybe 5 or 6 miles of dirt road and double track. I was on my 1290 SD, another friend was on a 40 mile old tuono V4, Hyper, VRF and a woman on an ER-6n. the ER6 had the most issues. We had a ball on the naked bikes but had to turn off the ABS. Got to ride out onto a nice granite "bald" overlooking a big valley. Good fun.

IMG_0318.jpg IMG_0309.jpg

most of the naked bikes have a really hard time keeping the front end down. from what I hear.... :)