1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Jul 10, 2018.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

This is all bullshit. Quit apologizing like a bunch of Nancy's. I was there!

Dude came in the pits with a huge attitude...all..."This Panigale Sucks! Who can fix this piece of shit?!"

Me: "What's your race number?"

Dude: "9"

Me: "Expert or Novice?"

Dude: "Novice, why?"

Me (as I point to my bike): "Cause that's MY FK@$ING NUMBER!!"

Matt: "Yeah...GTFOutta our garage. We can't fix your bike. Bring it to the dealership BRO. We gotta make a living racing"

Dude walks out.

Lizard (as dude is still in earshot): "SHOULD'A BOUGHT A HONDA!!!!" (while holding his nuts)

End of story.

2. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Lol, I retract my story. This one is a whole lot better. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

There is picture for proof!!

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

As a soon to be ex-SV owner, I can attest that SVs blow ass harder than a gas station dumpster burrito. I tried riding one for two years and I pretty much hated the experience.

But I love the LWT racers, I hope we all stay friends for life.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’m only quoting all of this shit because I’m trying to write a novel. Thanks for the help.

YamRZ350, cav115 and Phl218 like this.
  6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Imagine the novel if Lizard 1 and Chaotic ever got into a disagreement....

rcarson15 and ChemGuy like this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't think you did anything wrong here, as I understand how in the heat of the moment you'd take something out of line and get upset (privately, not days later on a public forum.) Your bud did, so I called him on it. Sometimes we need a reminder that we are out of line.

maslov likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No.

9. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

Wait what?

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

OK I need help. A bunch of modern Ducatis ( Indy Ducati & Detroit Ducati) bitching about racing at Mid-Ohio vintage days right? So modern Ducs are vintage? And yet the results form WERA Grattan back in June had only one or two Ducatis there?

So the big question is why didn't these guys race at Grattan a month ago? Why is Mid Ohio more important for these guys compared to Grattan? I needz 2 know

11. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen in the past Lizard raced there quite a bit... not sure about this year but last year for sure.

12. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I do wish there were more modern Ducs racing. Yea I had troubles this year, but prior to this I did track days and a few races last year with 0 problems. And it’s a 1st gen Panigale with over 16k miles!

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No worse than Mark Junge crushing us by 30 seconds in V8. Dude is unreal and still fast as fack so none of us had a chance once he entered the races...he’s got so much talent he could have ridden a grim and still whipped our asses :bow:

Kyle Brosius and rcarson15 like this.
  14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Yes, you need help. A lot of help based on your post. Nobody here is bitching about Racing at Mid Ohio. Did you read my first post?

The history of modern Ducs racing with vintage bikes goes back to the 90’s when AHRMA started incorporating Battle of the Twins in their program, which was an old AMA Pro class from the 80’s. When the Japanese Superbikes became far superior to the twins in that era, they still kept a class for the twins. British, European, American.

That class became Pro Thunder I believe, but AHRMA got the Battle of the Twins name.

The Mid Ohio VMD weekend used to be run by AHRMA. WERA took it over after the AMA/AHRMA lawsuit 10 years ago and continues to run the same type of classes. Except now they also have modern 600’s and 1000’s in the schedule.

The event is one of the largest motorcycle events in the country, hands down.

So if you had a busy work schedule and had to choose between Racing at a first class event which is treated like it’s own Championship, at a professional facility in front of tens of thousands of people....or a Grattan regional with bullshit sealer and tar snakes all over the place, which would you choose?

By the way, the Ducs had the fastest lap times of the weekend over the WERA A-SBK classes...

JBall likes this.
  15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I agree with everything you posted except for this. LMAO.
    I think MidOhio has the worst surface of any track I’ve ever raced on. Grattan taking second.
    Even when Midohio is good you got like a two hour window until it gets greasy as fack.
    I enjoyed watching you guys battle on the living timing this weekend.
    Congrats on the win!

Ride safe,
    AAron

rcarson15 and ineedanap like this.
  16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you cant ride an SV then you cant ride anything. Or maybe your bike was a heaping pile of dog shit.

Waterboy, JJJerry, dobr24 and 3 others like this.
  17. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

That's ENTIRELY possible. :D

But I should clarify... I don't "enjoy" riding SV's. It's ok.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The weather was beautiful this weekend and the track was perfect! Maybe the super fast guys had a different opinion but with how fast they were riding, I doubt it.

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I know some “fast guys” who would disagree about this weekend.
    Heck I’ve had some great races in the past with Matt where the track conditions would only let you go so fast.
    Ive raced there a decent amount and the mornings always suck no matter what.
    It’s one of my favorite layouts and in my opinion the best spectator track in the country.
    The surface sucks.

Ride safe,
    AAron

maslov and 5axis like this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

You sure about those A superbike times....?

Looks like Top three both days are Kaws, Yamahas and Suzukis...:D