1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16" rear wheel on xr80

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ecolyer325, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ecolyer325

ecolyer325 Active Member

I've been searching but still cannot find a exact answer. I have an xr80 that I want to set up for minigp style training, but need to get a 16" rear wheel so I can get some good tires on it.

I know people will say to sell it and get a 100 but I don't want to. I don't want to actually run in minigp, I want something to train with in empty parking lots after work and get from place to place at the track.

Any experience or knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. ecolyer325

ecolyer325 Active Member

4. TurboBlew

sorry I meant a 14" front for your 16" plus the label

5. ecolyer325

ecolyer325 Active Member

I appreciate the offer but there isn't a huge selection of 14" tires, that's why I want to go to 16"

6. TurboBlew

Um the problem will be fitting a 16" with a BT to the rear of an 80. Ive been there done that.
    The diablo scooter tire is certainly a capable even at race pace.

7. TurboBlew

just measured the 2 stock 80s I have. You need about 13.5" from the front of the swing arm to the axle slots to fit a 16" wheel/tire. On a stock 80 (2006+) swing arm that puts the axle outside the slots.

8. ecolyer325

ecolyer325 Active Member

Thanks for checking into that for me. I'll have to check out the Diablo tire