1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Jul 10, 2018.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  2. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Technically not... comments can be deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Steve! It's always a pleasure bumping in to you as well....lol

Your peg left a nice mark on my left boot. For the first few laps of the race I kept asking myself..."is my foot broken??"

Good job out there. Was fun for sure.

4. CMDI

CMDI End User

So you guys are using quotes and saying Matt said "that's how we make money" and "dealers staying in business because of this issue".

rcarson15, you are just a shit spreading douchebag. Anyone who reads your two quotes and has half a brain could figure that out. I have no more time for you but i'm sure somebody does.

maslov, I'm guessing there was a whole lot more to that conversation you had with Matt that you have not included. So he didn't give you any feedback at all? He just said what you have quoted?

5. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I stopped into the garage as I was looking to see if someone might know the issue I’m dealing with. Indy Ducati was a good bet when I saw their rig. I spoke to Kevin first as he wasn’t busy at the moment. I described my issue: my bike was going into limp mode when engine light was on, yet when the light went off I went about my practice with no issues. To truly diagnose the issue DDS is needed to read the code. Kevin didn’t have one, and he asked Matt if he had one but he didn’t. He asked me what the issue is and I described it. I let him know that I recently replaced my rear sets and heard that DQS has been giving issues to other riders, but it did work last race in ATL, and I haven’t ridden since. He heard me out and apologized that he didn’t have the scanner, as he usually brings it with him, letting me know that it could be anything, and after all thats how the dealers stay in business. From my stand point that last comment came a little off, but I might have completely misread it... from there I went on my business to see if I could do anything on my own, but had no luck and pulled out of the races.

Bottom line, as I’ve stated above this is my issue. Shit happens. I don’t hold anything against Matt, as I clearly was bummed that I couldn’t get more feedback or may be find some solution to get back into the races. That’s racing though, and I accept it. I feel like this is blown way out of proportion.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kind of sounds like you took an off hand joke comment as being serious - while they may make money from the issue there is no way either Indy or Detroit wouldn't help a fellow racer at the track if they could.

7. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

And you’re probably right. I’ve never had issues in the past. When I had problems with my bike in ATL I had a number of people trying to help me out, it was mechanical and finding a fix was much easier rather than the electric gremlins. As I’ve said I might of misread the comment but in the moment I felt it came off in a wrong way.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, knowing all involved it absolutely wasn't meant in any bad way. Honestly it sounds more like poking fun at Ducati and the Pani - which is something anyone who has dealt with them will do pretty regularly no matter how cool we think they are :D

10. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I’ve made a comment about that... love the bike and it has served me well for over 10k miles... but damn, when it counts shit hits the fan.

11. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Whoa!!!

First of all, “rumor has it” is the absolute worse way to start a response. It is saying that you are speaking up without any facts or actual truth. You’re spreading rumors which could be lies, could be twisted or could be partially true. But, you have no idea yet you decide to spew rumors in an attempt to essentially slander or get attention.

Second of all, NOBODY was turned away. No single rider ever at any track I’ve been to with Matt or Kevin, was a Ducati rider turned away.

The “How we make money”... let’s break that down. What’s the context? Who said it? Was it exactly what was said or twisted into that?

There was a guy that had some issue he felt was an engine issue or throwing a code of some sort on the dash of his Pani. The reality is that unless someone had the $10k (might be more money) Ducati Diagnostic took, nobody was going to be able to find out the issue.

If there was something said tongue in cheek like “That’s how Ducati gets you to come into the shop” or similar, it means that unfortunately these aren’t like your car where you can go to autozone or buy an OBD2 reader or similar and find the code number thrown.

There’s no code given and thus, if a code is thrown (several ways to see an issue trough the dash), there is no way unless something like an IMU failure, that there is a way to tell what it is.

In fact, even the way the dash reacts to an IMU failure can also mean something else. Factbis this - The Ducati Diagnostic tool is the only way to read it in order to process an attempt to diagnose.

I’ve been racing with Matt and several Ducati people and nobody has brought a DDA tool with one exception. Matt brought it one year on his way when I told him I had a failure. He brought it because he was not yet traveling to the track and could manage in keeping it safe. Again, super expensive and not typical to bring to the track.

In the end, the guy with the code could have driven to Columbus or Canton, had the codes read and found out the source. Then, proceeded to the track and approached Matt with the codes given. I can promise that without a doubt when Matt had any free time, he would have looked it over and tried to formulate a potential plan to fix it or what would need done.

Ask anyone at the Ducati Indy track days. I’ve watched him miss on track sessions because he is helping customers. Even ones from out of state that are not even customers of the shop.

You look silly coming on with this post.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  12. Lizard 1

No. No it doesn’t. It’s the game of telephone and you coming on with little to no info and slandering people that work for a living in this sport is truly shitty.

13. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I never miss an opportunity to make fun of Ducati riders (especially maslov)... but it's usually out of jealousy of their fat bank accounts and top-shelf parts. I just act like it's because I think they are pretentious assholes so I don't tip my hand. :D

14. Lizard 1

The response is essentially a tongue in cheek response. Meaning, matt would love for you to be able to know the code and approach him with it to help give an idea or direction.

I’ll give an example that happened to me at Grattan. I had an electrical failure. Bike stalling. I called him and he told me that he can’t do anything until I get the bike to the shop.

The tool tells you what’s wrong. He’s saying that unfortunately, you have to take it to the shop to get it checked and if he were to guess, it could be a slew of things.

There isn’t a single person at that track over the weekend that could’ve assessed and diagnosed the issue. Not a single person.

I’ve watched top service techs tell customers the same thing. They can’t do anything or they say “I haven’t a clue what it could be” and the customer is forced to go to the dealership to have a scan performed.

Again, these aren’t 1999 VW Golfs where you can buy a $45 OBD2 reader or have autozone scan for free. There isn’t a numbered code that shows and gives you a clue as to what is up.

I was there and there was not an ounce of irritation or being bothered by you being there and asking.

15. Lizard 1

You’re being shitty. How’s that?

Now that the truth is out there, how about you apologize to Matt and Kevin?

Mot Okstef likes this.
  16. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

And I realize it 100%. As I’ve said before I appreciate the concern, and I will take full responsibility for misreading the comments. I had 0 intention of bringing this up, and as my first reply to this post was quite the opposite of what followed...

17. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Man, I love the BBS, but hate the drama... I just wanna go race damn it!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, ignore Brian, he gets excited easily :D

osuyzfr1, rcarson15 and maslov like this.
  19. Lizard 1

So the loose lipped buddy you have that spouted rumors and inaccuracies... how about having him apologize? Like I said, the comment was because you as a customer cannot do it yourself. Matt would love the ability to have customers rattle off the code numbers to assist in helping when he doesn’t have the DDS. It was probably taken wrong but as I said before, he’s said the same thing to me.

It never rubs me wrong because I know you annoy diagnose anything electrical without the tool.

maslov likes this.
  20. Lizard 1

I know. This shit makes me get wound up even more. These guys all bust ass to sell bikes, have strong customer bases and go out of their way for the brand and their customers.

People have no idea how hard it is to own and run a dealership. Not even close. And to have some dirt bag saying something about rumors as opposed to the actual guy who has been much nicer and much more professional.

I just get pissed because these guys won’t respond to that stuff. But the forums are full of people that read something and take it as gospel.