1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Jul 10, 2018.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

What a great event. The weather was incredible and the racing was awesome. My first weekend back on a race bike in years felt so good.

We’ve developed a friendly rivalry (Ducati Detroit vs Ducati Indy) and have been talking over the off season about racing against each other for a few rounds. It was great to be able to pit with your buddies who are your main competitors. Everyone helping each other with their bikes, etc. Matt leant me a damper to use in Friday practice that was huge. That’s the true spirit of club racing.

Although I’ve never raced against Brian or Matt, I know they’re both fast and clean and never had a doubt in my mind going bar to bar with either of them. They told me one of their rules is that you have to wheelie the checkered flag, so I made sure to throw it up there, regardless of how close Matt was!

On the cool down lap of race 10 on Sunday Matt and I were literally screaming at each other in laughter. “THAT WAS F@CKING AWESOME!!!..lol.

I can’t remember the last time I felt like that on the track. Thanks to everyone at WERA, AMA and Mid Ohio for putting on such a great show. One of the most fun race weekends I’ve ever had.

Anyone get video of that crash on the front straight in race 14 on Sunday? That was pretty vicious and we’re fortunate it ended the way it did.

Finally, rest in peace to the fallen rider from Saturday. Glad he was doing what he loved when his time came.

bacolmm, 03RumbleBee, j cal and 13 others like this.
  2. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I took a video from the vintage 8mw race on Saturday. I had a similar experience, I shared a garage with Jim Roth, his son Steve and his girlfriend Erica. Jim and I were racing in the same classes and it was an absolute blast. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at the track to date. It was a shame I had to go back home Sunday and miss the racing and forfeit my second place finish Saturday. I can’t wait until VMD next year I’ll be bringing cash for the swap meet.

Also my condolences to the family of the racer who wrecked on Saturday. I can’t think of a better way to go though. For sure beats suffering in a hospital bed.

Also THANK YOU MONGO for helping me out with yet another transponder issue. I am sorry I’ve had issues the last two races. I wanted to throw that one out on the highway on the way home. Those silver mylaps transponders suck (although it’s probably just user error).

https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=Z25bYJ

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Anyone know who the photogs were over the weekend?

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

No photogs??

5. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Hey Kevin,

Was a nice surprise bumping into you at Mid-Ohio. It definitely looked like you and Matt had a blast.

See you next year?

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Kyle Hunter was there and normally there are some pretty decent shots posted up on the vintage days website within a week or so.

7. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Damn. Sad to hear. RIP racer.

8. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Rumor has it you guys turned down helping a fellow Pani-racer at the track because "that's how we make money."

JBarx likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Glad to see some friendly rivalry out there. From everything I’ve read, it looks like you guys had a blast!

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

:Pop:

Were you physically there to witness this or do you have actual facts to back up your claim?

11. rcarson15

Does hearing it from the person it was told to count as fact? - Also added the "rumor" part as to add a layer of skepticism that I wasn't necessarily taking it as absolute truth.

12. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

OK. Then let's wait to hear from KMC directly before you turn this thread into a shit show. ;)

rcarson15 likes this.
  13. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Hopefully I figure out my electrical gremlins and join the Panigale battle, although I’m sure it’ll be short lived as my pace is nowhere near as quick as yours. It was nice chatting with you and hopefully see you there next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, Matt didn’t have the tool needed to diagnose my issue, and it’s ok, as he seemed fairly busy working on his bike... I hoped he’d have more feedback for me, but it is what it is... the comment of “dealers staying in business because of this issue” did rub me the wrong way though... Kevin was a pleasure to speak with as I got to catch up with him later... so Kevin appreciate you trying to help, good luck with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcarson15 likes this.
  15. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

No worries, once again I appreciate the concern. As I’ve said it is what it is, Shit happens. Nothing against you or your dealership or your staff, Don was a pleasure to work with when I picked up the bike from you a few years back.

This thread isn’t about what happened to me and the issues I’ve ran into. Let’s revert this back to the fact that it was a great weekend of racing. I’ll be back next time. Thoughts go out to the fallen Rider and to my buddy recovering from the crash in A- Superstock race.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This is a good example you should learn from, that if it isn't your fight and you don't know what actually happened, you should probably keep your mouth shut.

17. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well tell them to hurry up and post the photos already :mad:

19. rcarson15

I have absolutely no problems with calling someone for being shitty. If it turns out to be different, so be it. Better to have the truth out there rather than spreading around the paddock with inaccuracies.

maslov likes this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That was a pretty dramatic reaction to a minor slight. I thought this place was forever?

badmoon692008 and rcarson15 like this.