1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio VMD

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fastedyamaha, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

LOL no wasn't you.

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Mongo, I think I've got Stu transformed from the sip to the shot. With a lack of any credible evidence suggesting rum was ever sipped, we must use what we have available as generally assumed fact. During our discussion at the rum table Saturday night, I submitted into evidence Captain Jack Sparrow. A good lawyer, or hell even Dave would agree that a sip is defined as the action with a glass in which the back of the glass never exceeds 5 degrees above parallel. Documenting all the drinking scenes from this movie shows that in all 13 instances of consumption the back of the glass clearly exceeds 25 degrees thus confirming rum is for shooting not sipping. Or maybe it just proves that all the cool people shoot rum.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Great time this last weekend. First time racing at Mid-Ohio and it was a blast. I’m coming for Eboz next year now that I know the track :beer::beer::beer::bow:

Outsider V6 V7 and JBall like this.
  4. Outsider V6 V7

Great to see you on the track and congrats on finishing all your races right side up dropping your lap times.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am once again bummed that I didn't make it to the paddock more. Had some long days this year over in my hole. :(

6. Outsider V6 V7

Mongo, I highly recommend making it to the paddock and bringing a chair. I've found that if I pit near Stu Carter and just sit in a chair and watch what he does, it's the cheapest entertainment money can't buy. Harry and I always try and get front row so you can hear the comments as well as view the action. Kinda like a 3 stooges episode plus alcohol. Uncle Stu is priceless. Thanks again for dinner Stu. LOL

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Damn E!, I used to think you were a nice guy. :Poke:

:D

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have done that in the past and it was truly a good time. This year I never got back across track until 6:30-7 and after food it was pretty much time to read for a bit to get my brain shut down then bed and start again at 5:30. Hopefully things will end earlier next year, if nothing else I won't spend a couple hours after the practice day fighting to get a scoreboard working. That was a true waste of drinking/spectating time (granted, would have been worth it if it worked but it didn't :D)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He knows I can easily handle Stu :D

11. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Eboz, glad you could school Stu in how to properly drink rum. What with him being a Yankee and all... As for pitting with him, I have been his pit mate on many occasions now and quite simply, you just can't make that stuff up.....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So while the 1888 Brugal is good for sippin, after Saturday I did discover it is also perfectly fine for shootin.

13. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

So I bring the finest I could afford - Diplomatica - only to have Eboz and Harry passing the bottle around and tossing it back like moonshine. I swear these fellows are incorrigible

14. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

And your point is?

15. Harry V. III

I could not figure out why Stu hands me a big red solo cup, with the bottom barely covered with some booze. Why waste the cup, hand me the bottle please.

16. Outsider V6 V7

That's what I'm talking about Harry. Are we sharing or are we teasing. Get it together Stu, bring two bottles next time.

17. Harry V. III

I am starting to get nervous hanging out with Stu when Dave is not with us. As much as I appreciate the dinner and the van ride, Stu tells us we are acompless to his crime and now the return ride is technically a " get away ".

DAVE, Can we claim we were kidnapped?