1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Honda RS250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Heisenberg, May 30, 2018.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Looking to pick up an RS250. Preferably 93 or after.

I don’t mind if it needs a little or a lot of work, as long as she is mostly all there.

2. Heisenberg

3. Heisenberg

Found a lightly ridden NX5 with some spares (6 pistons, 2 cylinders) that has a somewhat fresh rebuild.

He is firm at $17k. What do you guys think?

4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

How bad do YOU WANT it? They are not making them anymore! Nor will they! You better JUMP ON IT! Imo

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's definitely the upper end of the price range, but like John says, they are getting impossible to find. I'll sell mine for 25K :)

in-office.jpg

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:Putter::Putter::Putter::Putter::Putter::Putter: and I haven't smoked yet........................be right back....:Putter::Putter::Putter::Putter::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

I paid 10K for an NX5 this spring that wasn't anywhere near as nice as yours. New pistons isn't as important as age/miles on the crank, spare wheels and if it was maintained. So before dropping big $$ find out how many miles/hours on the crank!

8. Heisenberg

You should sell that bike to me

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven't priced those, but is that like me assuming my old 930 turbo is worth 300K? Yea a few people paid that much but now they are pricing below 100k.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, 25K is a bit optimistic :) Some day...

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Okay, it sure looks nice, though.

12. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i have a 88 NF5 that ill sell you, i done a few hours on it, unknown before me, so ill take that into consideration with price, no exhaust powervalve, runs strong. 5K

13. Heisenberg

tz.png What do you guys think of this?

The_R1_Kid and Phl218 like this.
  14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

My first question would be if it's in San Francisco, why is asking price in Lira's or Euro's or what ever that symbol means :D

And if your serious about a purchase , I wouldn't not post a listing asking others what they think . That a good way to get it bought out from under you .
    When making this type of purchase you need to know before hand if it's a good deal for you and be ready to move ASAP. I've lost out on a number of deals by hesitating. Good luck .

15. Heisenberg

Yeah, thought of that but I'm not dead set on a TZ so I don't mind. If someone else finds it useful then great.

Seems a bit high for a 92 but then again, hard to find.

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

https://www.racebikemart.com/adverts/Honda_250_NXA__1532586092.php

that bike is hard as a morning dick. i BELIEVE, that racebikemart is now paid-to-post and thus got rid of all the spammers with fake ads, and this was just posted today (it had been posted before too). should be legit, but still... that's a fair amount of money to throw down.

17. hessogood

hessogood Member

If you’re still in the market, I have a 93, upgraded with 98 ram air that I’d consider parting with.

Fresh rebuild on it, just heat cycled, some boxes of spares. Get at me if you want to talk, I’m in NC.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

God damn it that thing is frickin cool

motion likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not so cool when you consider the fact that I have dry humped it over 1,000 times :D

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'd take sloppy 2nds, 3rds, 4ths... ect... to get a dry hump on that myself