1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio VMD

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fastedyamaha, Feb 17, 2018.

1. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Fees... got an email from AMA saying that after the 1st the registration fees go up... they didn’t clarify which events... I assume what I see on WERA is staying the same regardless of what AMA emailed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, pre entry online is open until midnight the 2nd so close enough :D

Make that pre entry for Sunday racing, Saturdays does close the 1st at midnight.

maslov likes this.
  3. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Mongo. Can you offer 'professional courtesy' on the pre-entry fees to me? After all, I feel that I've paid for more than my share of your 'beer allowance' over the years. And if I bring you some of Michigan's finest in micro brewed suds, can you keep you Race Director, Jim, from hiding my bikes if and when the crash truck picks them up? (I know your revisionist history of WERA will deny that any such occurrence ever took place, but we know better.)

4. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

So just to be clear, you are offering Mongo, some Michigan micro brewed beer, now available in most states, while you have been partaking on some very high $$ rum..... hmm... I think Mongo should hold out for more. As for hiding your bikes, this seems very similar to the time you "lost" your golf clubs. Where did you find them, Oh yeah in the trunk of your car!

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Or when he "lost" the fairing off the 7R . . . .

Put it in the trash can at Barber to drain the oil out of it (only Hate McDead uses his fairings as oil containment vessels), the efficient Barber crew emptied the trash cans, and Hate found his fairing amidst a mountain of collected garbage.

BTW - what is this "professional courtesy" BS? In order to obtain one, one must first be an active, income-earning member of a recognized profession. I'm happy to speculate as to what the "profession" may be . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

6. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Or when he lost his car keys in the snow and had to wait until Spring to find them. Seems to be a trend here......

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think hiding his bikes is probably safest for everyone.

Harry V. III likes this.
  8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Uncle Stewie, I have your tires loaded in the toy hauler. For a small fee, I might even give them to you.

9. Outsider V6 V7

So my mom was an only child and since everyone else apparently has that one crazy uncle I thought I'd adopt. How could stu not be a first round draft pick for crazy uncle. LOL See you there

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Whoa whoa whoa - no one ever said anything about a fee!

:D

11. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Eboz, a word of advice, if Stu tries to bribe you with some rum, hold out for the good stuff... rumor has it, he has some high$$ stuff stashed away.

12. Outsider V6 V7

unfortunately I'm no longer a member of the rum club. Apparently if someone hands you rum in what could be conceived as a shot glass, treating it as such leads to ridicule and a permanent ban. Kinda like handing someone a Flintstone vitamin and then saying, hey did you just eat that whole thing at once. LOL No fee for you Mark, Stu's a different story. LOL

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

Money goes to AMA, not ours. Bikes aren't hidden, they're dropped off in tech where yours sat waiting for you to come claim it...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not income earning but I assumed he meant from one asshole to another :D

15. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I truly appreciate the love ya'll are spouting here. I'm all warm and fuzzy. But even in this comfortable state (ok - Rum induced for sure), I feel the need to correct a few of you neer'do-well's comments:
    Working backwards:
    -Eboz - how can you not be banned from the Rum Club? I bring one of Venezuela's finest rums produced - Diplomatica Exclusiva Reserva - for you to sample and you down the sipping shot like you've got a Jagermeister in your hand. Now I'm willing to give it another go, what with your Southern inbreeding, to see if I can instill an ounce of civility in you as well as social decorum in the ritual of rum tasting. I'll school you in the fine art of sipping rums and whiskeys. However, I might point out that you'll be on probation for the entire event.
    -KawH1R - I did send you a photo of that bottle of Diplomatica Vintage 2000 from Monterey last week while I was at the WSB races at Laguna Seca. However, it didn't take much of a bribe to convince the bartender to give me a double shot for a mere $45 which was half price, I just promised him a big tip. But even I know better than to spend tire money on rum.
    -Robin172 - The choice was clear for the Race Director Jim. Hide my bike behind an obscure building at Mid-Ohio or risk having you bump me out into the back 40 where it may never be seen again.
    -KawH1R - Those keys were 'stored' there 'til spring. One never knows when you might need the spare set. As for the golf clubs, I think I was mollywhooped by a bottle of rum that night and some miscreant hid my clubs in my trunk while I was at golf course bar. After I Ubered it back to the course the next morning and had everyone searching for my clubs did I realize that they were in my trunk. Someone fucked me hard on this.
    -83BSA - How could you possibly remember such an innocent mistake as putting my lowers on the garbage can to drain - only to have them disappear with the trash? After all, it was shortly after that when you came in on the crash truck complaining about being run over. You were a mess so I gave you a bottle of water. I found out you checked into a hotel room only to get to a hospital with a collapsed lung. How easy you forget the bitter details. Further, when you're in dire pain someday, don't come knocking at my paddock door for some medicinal alcohol until you change your effete attitude about what constitutes proper 'professional courtesy'. We know that the law business is right there with marijuana income.
    Mongo - My missing bike was behind some far off building near the heliport where I suspect it was going to be lifted out and sold overseas. Revisionist history cannot change this nor hide the fact that WERA's march to the top as the world's best motorcycle racing organization was gained on the backs of us vintage racers.
    I feel like I'm playing 'Whack-a-Mole' trying to correct all the misinformation being bandied about here. However, it is my civic duty to correct each and every one of you.......

f

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

WOW !

Pass the popcorn. Haahaaaaha

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Hospital? We don't need no stinkin' hospitals. Bad things happen in hospitals.

As for your fairing, the Barber crew simply did their jobs. And, seeing trash in the trash bin was not an unusual sight. The only person that would have given those remnants of a fairing a second look and consider it "proper race kit" would be you.

As much as it pains me, however, I must agree with your approach to Eboz's drinking good rum. I think a probationary spell is in order. I doubt he'll survive the probation: I think the boy only knows one way to react when alcoholic beverages are in hand: he has no need for a koozie on a beer can - it won't last long enough to even consider it warming.

BTW - You'll need another lawyer's number next week when you need to place your one call from the Lexington, OH jail. I'm in Colorado back country without cell service. Of course, you could wait a week and enjoy the hospitality and 3 squares a day until I return . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

19. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

A very very small part of me does sympathize with Stu on the misplacing of his race bike. That same weekend, someone helped themselve to to use of my scooter, parked it at the tech shed and forgot it. Not going to name the culprit but it was surprising that someone that BIG would walk very far. After a long search, I had decided that it was stolen and was working on my story for my insurance agent. Fortunately it was found before we called the cops.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just to clarify - the BIG person wasn't me. I'm always stuck in scoring.

So on the rum thing - Brugal 1888 - sippin or shootin?