1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indoor tracks

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by JBowen33, Jun 7, 2018.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have a Z125 I want to do some track day playing around on. It’s stock and will most likely stay that way.

Anyway anyone around Philadelphia PA know where the mini tracks are? Preferably indoor?

I know NJMP mini is an option but looking for other ones closer

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

There are no indoor tracks around unfortunately. Most indoor are for electric karts and therefor do not have the ventilation required. Allsports was the only haven and that shut down a couple years ago.

JBowen33 likes this.
  3. 2wheeldev

2wheeldev Well-Known Member

OP, if you find a track I will join!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What he said.

That being said, grabbing a Grom on Monday and will be heading down to the kart tracks at NJMP to break it in.

StaccatoFan and 2wheeldev like this.
  5. 2wheeldev

I'm also shopping for a mini. Plan to frequent ovrp, and njmp too.

6. Deery888

Deery888 Well-Known Member

Lehigh Valley Grand Prix runs gas karts indoors. So they have the ventilation in place, not sure anyone has tried to do anything there, and they might not be willing to rent the track out that way because of liability reasons. But it may be worth a shot

JBowen33 and 2wheeldev like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

Decided to pass on the Grom for now but have my TTR 125 i’ve taken down to NJMP a handful of times - I’m always down to sneak down on a nice weekday.

2wheeldev likes this.
  8. 2wheeldev

I'm still shopping. I'll keep you updated! Heads up, njminigp has endurance races with teams of two.

9. SuddenBraking

Yuppers. Need to lose some weight so my fat ass isn't a 2X of the weight of the bike.

Also grabbing some sumo wheels to throw on my WR250f - I think I'll be taking both bikes down and alternating between them.

10. SuddenBraking

BTW, not sure if you've ever gone down there but it's pretty surreal - it's literally an open track from 11AM-6PM and the majority of days I've gone I've been the only one on track.

2wheeldev likes this.
  11. 2wheeldev

Not to NJMP but that's happened to me at OVRP once. I had my CRF 450 at that time. I've rode both lighting and thunderbolt but haven't even seen their cart track so I'm looking forward to it!

12. BigAl8295

BigAl8295 Member

2wheeldev likes this.
  13. 2wheeldev

Looks awesome big Al! I need to compile a list. I just picked up a 150r two days ago.

14. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

Awesome, we need another 150R on the grid at Sandy Hook, there has just been a couple of us this year on Rs and a few guys running up a class on air-cooled 150s.

The Stock 100 and F-1 classes are popular right now, typically with 15-20 bikes on the grid.

2wheeldev likes this.
  15. JBowen33

Anyone know of any other places for the “winter time” even outdoor? Next weekend is my last “big bike” weekend. Would like to still mess around on the z for the rest of the year.

I saw NJMP was only open Saturday’s now for practice

2wheeldev likes this.
  16. Toadmeister00

You'd probably have to make the long haul down to Herrin's for any "real" riding/racing in the offseason.

2wheeldev likes this.
  17. 2wheeldev

We should coordinate to attend track days next season. Would be fun!

18. JBowen33

Ahh not really looking for “real” racing or anything I just want to screw around on the Z I doubt I’ll throw any money at it other then a tire upgrade over the winter.

19. Toadmeister00

OVRP in Cuddebackville, NY may run open practice days into the off-season.

2wheeldev likes this.
  20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

OVRP is open until weather shuts them down.

2wheeldev likes this.