1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number Plates Question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by JBowen33, Jun 12, 2018.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

So I’m planning on trying a race weekend this year for the first time. From the rule book if I understand correctly I need to have yellow number plates. I already have number plates on the bike which are white. Permitting I’m able to keep the same number can I just throw some yellow tape around the numbers to make the plate “yellow” I really would like not to spend the $150 for the plates which is the general price for basically plates from my research. I know it won’t look as cool but I’m cheap. Thanks

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

$150 for plates!!! Dont get gold plated plates. As long as you do a clean job with the yellow tape,you should be fine.....or get some sticky back yellow vinyl and cut around the numbers after you stick it on

badmoon692008 and JBowen33 like this.
  3. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Phl218 and JBowen33 like this.
  4. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

You're totally good with yellow tape as long as it doesn't interfere with the legibility of the numbers.

JBowen33 likes this.
  5. JBowen33

Yep to get the numbered plates for my GSXR quoted for like $120-150

6. JBowen33

• Alright awesome! I figured it wouldn’t matter but I thought I’d make sure. I hate paying for crap twice when the plates I have essentially are fine and (fingers crossed) one day I’ll get to rock the white plates lol

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Put the yellow tape down then the numbers on it - or just buy some cheap yellow vinyl. No need to waste big money on numbers or plates.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. redhawkmoto

redhawkmoto Well-Known Member

I would do vinyl because if you can’t keep number then you can just put the new number on top until you decide to paint that fairing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Popshadow did my number plates for like $70 shipped. This included front and two tail section number plates for a tlr1000. Yellow plates with my race number printed on them. Not sure why you were quoted such a high price, that seems way out of line unless you asked for something crazy.

G2G, noles19 and Mack Ashabranner like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Set starnes at racer fx did my custom ones with flo yellow outline for like 75$. So yeah 150$ is outrageous

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Would you mind posting a pic of the plates for your Tiller?

12. fastedyamaha

Send me your email and I can do it that way. Tlr67 has the same plates so if you look for his posted pictures here you can see them too. He sent pop shadow the template and that’s what they use.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks will do.

roadraceprep AT gmail DOT com

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nothing Special but they fit good..... Tea did a great job and quick turn around.....
    [​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Got em, thanks!

I run TLS uppers on my SVs and thinking these will fit as the general shape is similar.

16. fastedyamaha

I messed up a lower corner on the tail section, it’s all wrinkled. Is that fixable or should I get a new one made

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I cut a couple of mine and mended together.... Those things are so damn Big they are hard to get damned perfect.... Its like putting a Wrap on the Titanic....

fastedyamaha likes this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

+1 for Tea at popShadow. Did a great job on my race ZX636 2013.

Attached Files:

Supergirl and TLR67 like this.