1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another I got F$@&!?? Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Erratic idle week.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:mad::Puke:

ChemGuy and cajun636 like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well he wants a deputy that works...:D

cBJr, Funkm05, jonathanp and 2 others like this.
  4. Chad & Robyn

Chad & Robyn Well-Known Member

Damn Dustin, sorry to hear that. That really sucks.

cajun636 likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I just said it a few weeks ago in another thread."Racers F@ck racers" damn shame.
    He had to know his shit motor was gonna dissapoint?
    Road trip,curb stomp party?:)

cajun636 and crashman like this.
  6. I had to edit your post.

Normally the Gix-er auto-edit thing is funny, but I don't want my name included in a post where someone got fucked over. Too many people (including me) scroll through these posts quickly, and might get the wrong idea.

7. Shoulda bought my R6. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hell, I never even paid attention. Forgot all about it, but yeah, good move.

cajun636 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This was 2006. You didn't even know what a motorcycle was. :Poke:

Steeltoe and motoracer1100 like this.
  10. That comment was for Airbox boy. :D

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ha! I wish!! Would have definitely cost me less in the long run! Although I still would have bought a spare motor to be able to swap them out.

HA!!! I know huh? And actually you’re the perfect person here. Bought the 750 from you, I had my hesitation about the engine. Because you crashed it and never ran it on track after.

We had an agreement about its performance. I gave you half of the money it was worth and we agreed that once it’s performance was verified by either runnning it on track or on the dyno. I took the Bike I the dyno for a pull to verify it was what it was supposed to be and then paid you.

And we didn’t know each other. But I told you like I told him. My name is too good within this community to fuck someone. Not to mention I just wouldn’t. And if there was a question whether or not I did I would do what I needed to do to make it right.

Laz likes this.
  12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

This is truth. I put a deposit down on your old FZR490 sight unseen because we spoke for over two hours about it on the phone. You told me more about that bike/motor than I ever wanted to know! And when delivered it was exactly as you described it, ugly as sin, but fast as fuck!

Hope you get this sorted. :(

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah she sure was ugly. But she’s stilling running and has never been opened up.

And yep, I buy and sell bikes too much to fuck someone. What I believe @roach954 is trying to say is, that I ran the motor and fucked it up.

Nope that’s how I received it.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

If you bought a motor from me 6 months ago and now are just telling me that there's something wrong with it I'd have to tell you to go pound sand to.

I don't see how people are buying used parts and then expecting some sort of a warranty with it.

I bought a $14K KTM and it had a oil and a fuel leak before I even took the track for the first time. Was I pissed? Yes. But I wasn't about to bring felony charges against the guy. Went on about my business and fixed the shit.

Ridiculous.

Sabre699, BigBird and Kyle Brosius like this.
  15. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

That's debatable. :D

Sorry homie, I was hoping this was something easy to fix.

renegade17 and cajun636 like this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep. I understand that. However he knows the motor was fucked when he sold it. And I know that he knows. The problem here is, just like he is,was, you are calling me a liar. I am not lying. He knew it was fucked.

And there is no expected warranty. Only that it fucking runs like it was advertised.

It had oil leak and fuel leak?? So some gaskets were bad. Possibly a hose. I would assume that was what.. $2000 or so to fix?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

How do you know for certain that he knew the motor was fucked when you bought it?

And how does he know that you haven't ran the motor in the last six months and you're the one that fucked it up?

Not saying you did, but you have to have the ability to see both sides of the story.

P.S. Not sure how you figured that I've called you a liar.

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn. There are services and drugs for that. Or here's a movie you can watch for some tips...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405422/

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The problem I have is with what I posted earlier. See the guy Chad above? Yeah I bought his bike after he launched it into a tree at Roebling. So when he said he didn’t take it back on track or anything after that point to verify the good running engine. I had that caveat, that was, hey if this shit doesn’t run you’ll take it back.. I knew it was crashed then parted/sold. He messages me about buying the engine and I bought the whole. Wrecked bike.

Point is, if it was crashed, tell me it was crashed just prior to parting it. Then I could have made my decision to buy it and evaluate any associated risked given that fact.

And yes, I completely agree with you. He has Nothing saying that I didn’t run it and fuck it up then say something. However I know that I didn’t. Hence my problem with it. Hell even my race results don’t reflect that I did. But yeah, could be a trackday

I will tell you what I expected. I expected that the guy I talked to on the phone be the person who sold me the motor. Then when I say, hey man, I put this motor in and something isn’t right. Him to say “hmmmm well I did sell it with it being sold as a good working motor, and well I didn’t verify it still ran like it was supposed to, I only rode it around here, and I didn’t tell him it was crashed just prior to me parting it out. maybe just maybe there was a chance I sold this guy a motor that got fucked up in the crash. Ok let me see what I can do to make this right”

That is all. I honestly just thought the guy was a straight up guy and someone I could trust. But seriously, you think I would buy the motor, run it, fuck it up, then decide to act as if I did it?? Come on man

If nothing else, not that he is a racer anymore, but if so, at least everyone will know his character now

Oh and I just saw your PS liar edit..

I wrote that the engine has sat under a blanket for 6 months... (oddly egough my stupid ass put a blanket on it to keep it clean). To say that after 6 months you would tell me to pound sand would imply that I was being dishonest about something. The 6 month part would suggest that you’re saying I ran it. I didn’t. As I said before. He knows he sent an unknown health of the motor to me and I know I didn’t run it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    VFR#52 likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

And I completely agree with you, if this was two weeks after you bought the motor. If I get the timeline right you purchase the motor last year. That makes things a lot more complicated.

I'm not saying you did anything to the motor, but I wouldn't blame the guy for not taking your word for it just because you say so. This guy doesn't know you from Adam.

Anyways, hope you get it sorted out.

My two cents; when you buy used motor buy something that turns over for cheap, then take the thing apart, inspect everything and do a full rebuild. That way you know what you got.