1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We try for four rounds each group for the day. First round will be a little shorter since everyone is using it more to wake up and learn the track and such, then the others will be longer.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Mid Ohio is supposedly banning Vortex, HiFlo, and K&N filters [filters with welded on nuts].. Just as an FYI

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

They banned them last year just before the major recall when they had two bikes with them blow oil on the track. This was August/September. Doesn't hurt to check.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mid-Ohio isn't running this event.

rcarson15 likes this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So to clarify - the previous "rumor has it" is hoodoo regarding banning of these filters - specifically asking for VMD.

Thanks

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mid-Ohio runs their own track days, I'm guessing they have banned those from their events. This is in no way being put on by Mid-Ohio and the rental contract says nothing about oil filters.

In other words, follow the AMA/WERA rulebook and you'll be fine :D

JJJerry likes this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Gracias Sean.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Sean-so will practice sessions be 15 minutes long? I’ve never ridden mid-Ohio so need to learn the track. I’m racing a tlr and you already said I could bump down to a slower practice group.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll vary some - Friday the plan is 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. If they give us some of the lunch break back we'll add more time but keep the same number of groups.

We've got 6 groups and 3 hours in the morning so yeah 15 minutes on track time barring any delays. 17 or so in the afternoon total time per group. Same deal Saturday morning as Friday and then one longer session Sunday morning.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

T1 is a left, after that stay on the gray and off the green and you'll be good :D

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Thank you! Not sure why you get such a bad rep on here.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know! I'm a helpful mofo most days :D

13. A.Brooks98

A.Brooks98 Active Member

Last year photos and I believe transponders were covered by the AMA, will it be the same this year?
    Also I don’t see an option for Friday practice on the pre entry list, am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jack M.

Jack M. New Member

What class would my Thruxton be in? I see on the race schedule they are shown as "Thruxtons" but are not listed in the class breakdown.

15. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Can we enter Gate 6 on Thursday, or is Gate 3 the only option for racers?

16. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

What time you getting there?

17. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I’d guess around 2? Just depends on when I get out of the house.

maslov likes this.
  18. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Does anyone know how late on Thurs night / early Friday the gate will be open for ticket holders?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure on either, I'll find out by the time we open registration on the transponders. Friday practice is listed as another class, they're in alphabetical order.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may have screwed that one up on the schedule sorry - I thought we weren't doing them since we've only had one show the last few years. I'll check the rules and get back to you on that. If we are doing it I'll give you pre pricing at the event.