1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

No wonder he’s losing weight!

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you could remove "keto" from that equation and still get those results.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Is a 1000 calorie diet really "Keto Flu" or just straight exhaustion?

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I think you could go on the “1000 cal/day Pie diet” with similar results...

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So I had been exercising pretty regularly for a couple months, and seeing no weight change.
    I dropped carbs and went to a keto-ish diet about 2 months ago.
    I'm not tracking calories now nor was I before. I just try to avoid carbs, as they were my Achilles heel, chips, potatoes, etc.
    I didn't change my excercise routine.

Lost about 15 lbs since switching diets.

I agree that I don't feel hungry like 30 min after eating like I used to eating carbs.

Plus I get to eat a ton of bacon, cheese, etc now.
    Hell I buy slim Jims if I'm on the road and need a snack instead of potatoes chips and I'm still loosing weight.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've slipped up after my vacation and have been eating some carbs, andI need to change that. But it is amazing, if you cut carbs, how quickly the weight comes off. I went from 205 to 181 and then went on vacation and ballooned up to 189, but I drank and didn't eliminate anything. Then I came back and cheated too, so now I need to restrict some carbs.......starting tomorrow.....tonight is taco tuesday....BABY!!!

eggfooyoung and BigBird like this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I really like the thought of going Keto. But, I have a massively picky family of eaters, so I’d be going it alone. That said, I need to make it as simple as possible. Is there any kind of meal replacement Keto shake or something? Something like slim-fast, but Keto-based???

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Not really. That is why people are drinking BPC. You also need to eat a ton of veggies. So I guess in theory you could drink BPC, eat a ton of salad and down protein shakes.

BigBird likes this.
  9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I just don’t get why people don’t learn to build their metabolisms.
    I eat 3,000 + calories a day do minimal cardio and stay lean.
    You have to feed your body so it stops thinking you are entering the next famine.
    Very very few people can maintain a keto lifestyle.
    I guess if it helps you learn to count calories that is great but damn you could just down load some Macro apps.
    Once your metabolism adjusts for 1,000 calories a day and starts to slow down to start storing fat what do you do next?
    I’m really not being critical I just see people fail so often in this cycle.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Pitmom42, Gorilla George and brex like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Try doing it next time and THEN compare notes. You'd probably surprise yourself by how much you were overeating beyond your maintenance calorie needs.

Actually this isn't a good practice for long term health and longevity. The human body was never designed to be in a state of constant abundance. The whole eating every 1.5-2 hours all through the day school of thought is flawed and has never been the way humans have consumed food throughout their existence.

The more I research on the benefits of various types of fasting seem to bear this out. Never feeling the sensation of hunger (because you're eating all day whether or not you feel hungry) and giving your body constant calorie intake is not a good thing. Going without for controlled periods of time to allow your body to reset/balance Leptin and Ghrelin hormones and facilitate autophagy so you're not keeping alive dying cells longer than they should be (hust to name a few things) is a good thing.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    ryoung57 likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

See the difference is 1000 calories a day before meant I was super hungry most of the time, now it's I choose not to eat because I'm full.

Like Broome, I'm not really counting anything or tracking anything, I just eat when I'm hungry and trying to eliminate the carbs.

I do the glucose test in mornings, I used to average 109 waking up over months and now it's in the 70s range. Which alone I think the keto thing is worth it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

12. I know what you meant, but just for clarification purposes for anyone else who might read it...I don't really count or track anything like BB said, (mostly because I have eaten the same shit every day for years and years, and already know the numbers, especially protein). But I don't eliminate carbs. Hell, I purposely ingest carbs. :D

I take in 500+g of carbs every day, on my way to 4000+ calories per day or some shit like that. :crackup:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Lol...ok so then different.

I deal with data all day, the last thing I wanted to do is data my life, so that's just my reasoning. I have a good idea, but ain't no way I'm keeping a diary of my food.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Very, very true.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Did you find yourself getting drunk quicker than before? They say that alcohol effects are amplified on Keto

ruckusracing likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He may be cutting it too low, but a proper Keto cut makes it possible to shred fat and retain, even increase, muscle mass.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/keto-youre-doing-it-wrong

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Mainly because you don’t have carbs soaking up and blunting the effects of the booze.

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I can't really exercise, unless I get some nice hip metal put in place, and I work at a desk all day. At 35 years old I was 135 pounds, 3 years later I was almost 165, and I guess pre-diabetic. I am about 151-ish pounds right now. The last 3 or so days it has kind of stayed there, but I still feel good outside of this damn cold (thank cubicle neighbor :mad: )

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know you enjoy these diet/health threads but honestly in no position to give anecdotal advice. Your work/life arrangement is so far removed from the average joe that it’s not even relevant. You eat all those carbs and calories but you have to work out like a madman for hours per day to burn them. You’re unique in that when you’re working a lot of your regular life junk is taken care of, and when you’re not working, you have a lot more free time. If you worked 8-5 m-f 50 weeks a year like the rest of us, there’s no way you could get away with eating and working out like that.

Can you imagine how high your post count would be if you freed up 4-6 hours per day by eating 2500 calories over two or three Keto meals and not having to do 3 hours of cardio?:crackup:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How bad is your hip? You can probably work around it with some modifications. Weight training will supercharge your results.