1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought you were really tall?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Nope... Average height... BigBird because of my rain gear that I crashed in on my second track day.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dammit! Do you have any idea how many tall person jokes I’ve wasted on your ass? :D

Phl218 likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji23]

I guess it's like when someone is called Tiny and they are like Mongo/Sean

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Tweety Bird was yellow too. We could have avoided a lot of confusion here.:Poke:

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well my buddy was looking for BigBird, not Tweety... Blame him, not me [emoji16]

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Doesn't sound like it. It wasn't structured around your blood type necessarily.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dammit!

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Have been Keto for the last three weeks, first week was terribly rough, and now it's easier. Lost 10 pounds and down a waist size. My shirts fit again.

We'll see how long this lasts but it feels good to have clothes fit properly again.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about your mental state? Two to three weeks is where most people clear the brain fog and start feeling really on point.

Murcielago311 likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was feeling good, but have a cold/allergies right now, so i'm foggy for those reasons. But otherwise, it's been good. But that "keto flu" was crazy.

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Curious did you track your calories before keto?
    If so what were they then and now?
    It’s been difficult for me to find before and after data from people. Well more so the before...

Ride safe,
    AAron

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

not really...i just ate whatever especially deserts and cakes and sugar...yummy
    I think I'm in the low 1000 range right now. BPC in the morning, lunch salad with tuna/salmon and no dinner. Just maybe some walnuts or guac, as I don't feel hungry at dinnertime

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I think I see what you're getting at, and think it's a good point. I did keto hard for around 4 months, and lost 40 pounds... then did lazy keto for another 4 or so and lost another 10. I've now been not following it at all for around 7 months, and haven't gained anything back. Before keto I ate like shit, so avoiding all carbs really cut a lot of junk out for me. Even now that I'm not following it I'm much more mindful about what I consume, and a lot of the habits I was forced to start while on keto have stuck albeit with carbs added back in here and there.

I think a lot of success with the keto diet could be replicated by people just tracking calories and what they eat more closely, and the keto diet just happens to be the catalyst that starts them down that path.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is really what's key for most people that too many people gloss over.

Whenever people come to me for dieting advice and I ask about their eating habits they generally have no clue as to their actual calorie intake. Once you're no longer flying blind in the dark as to how much you are ACTUALLY eating everyday, then maintaining your weight at a healthy level for the long term becomes exponentially easier.

DucatiBomber and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. That's what made the difference.

DucatiBomber and BigBird like this.
  17. From last year when this thread was started.....

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

true. the major difference is that I feel full longer, than just when cutting back the calories I still felt like I wanted to eat. Can't really exercise with my busted hips, so it's all diet.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

What is BPC?

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Bulletproof coffee.

And 1000 calories a day?