1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any regerts after going to SM form a sportbike?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I am considering selling/ trading my 750 for a SM. Of course there is the fun of going fast on a slow(er) bike but do you miss the HP and top end from a sportbike?

2. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

You going to miss some of the top end speed. Worst part is the constant maintance. You can not ride some of the big tracks . For the street is great and on the track they are a lot of fun. Just did a track day with my crf450 in Jennings and it was good. Just did not hold the throttle open in the straight away.

rcarson15 likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Nope, actually seems to ride easier since I first learned dirt bikes and BMX. Speed wise is comparable to the LTW’s, the corners are still fun, just takes a bit longer to link them together.

What’cha looking at?

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The only downfall for me about racing a SM(I'm talking road racing it)is that my 600 riding suffered. That's why I quite racing my 450.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Um, no. They do not need constant maintenance and big tracks are no issue. BIR was my home track and I raced it for 2-3 years. Just need proper gearing and just as importantly, proper riding technique.

noles19 likes this.
  6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why sell? Take advantage of the extra space your ex’s car isn’t taking up in the garage, keep the 750 and buy another bike. Then you can swap back and forth as you desire.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now here is a man thinking clearly. Kudos.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: You can never have to many motorcycles.

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

There is that damn money thing....

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Don't sell bikes.... Unless you replace with same "discipline" bike. I have dirt, SM, and track bike. All have their "thing".

pscook, Boman Forklift and noles19 like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Was form also intentional?

BSA43 and Funkm05 like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We’re talking $5k for a used bike to knock around on, not $25k+ to build a proper race bike. And if you don’t like it, it’s easy enough to sell and recoup your investment.

15. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

[​IMG]

Done it deliberate...

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Different reference. Yours is We’re the Millers (which is way funnier). His is from a Milky Way commercial.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Rack em and stack em

Attached Files:

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I know x 2

20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I don't regret getting and racing my supermoto. But I make sure I have a sport bike also. received_10156261543796877.jpeg