1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pittsburgh race

Discussion in 'General' started by davis2480, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This sentence broke my brain.

rcarson15 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im gonna have your family wrap you in bubble wrap.

Pop pop....

Bruce likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

my bad editing --
    Im presuming it's in lieue of the kink at the end of the back straight leading into the long 2 corner end of lap?

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Yes. The high speed, right-hand kink before the Carousel.

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

It’s not in lieu of. It’s in addition to.

6. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

They all say the same thing. :moon:

7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

This perfectly explains what I was trying to say.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So...after the right hand kink, but before the long right hand sweeper, R then L, and looking at the track there is no additional tarmac other than the normal width of the course, so its scrunched into that 25 or so feet width? If you blow it, where do you go? Between pilings/cones halfway through the right?

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

They added tarmac about the size of 2 half ton pickups side by side on the right side if the track prior to the right hand kink.

10. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

The biggest reason lots of guys missed that chicane during practice was the method they approached it.

Most guys tried to go through there as fast as they could and would only slow down a little bit at a time until they made it… instead of going through there at a slower pace first and then increasing it over time.

Why you ask... because we only had a short time to learn it before qualifying and you could safely plow right over it if needed.

11. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I disagree because if you haven't run both, how can you compare them? Getting input from people who have run it is totally fine, I just want people to form their own opinion after having ridden it, just give it a chance. If you have run it (sorry, I have a terrible memory, I can't remember who I sat next to on the couch a week ago, haha), and this is your opinion of it, I have no problems with it and understand completely what you're saying. I mostly disagree, but I get your side too.

Like John and Aaron mentioned, I bitched and moaned at first because at speed, you couldn't tell the near side and far side curbing apart. They should have extended the far side curbing out more to coral you better. The curbing needed work, but I think the idea is a good one and was done well. If you have to put a chicane there, I think they did a great job of not making it suck too bad.

12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I did the MA Parade lap (2 laps, actually) with my Cycle Corral pass so I'm one of the few to have experience with the chicane.. it blows :D

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

14. Ducti89

Ok. Im sorry. Has this discussion been settled yet? Chicane? No chicane? Game time decision so race control can see it in person?

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Race control has already seen it in person both ways.
    I believe the issue is the actual curbing itself.

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. Ducti89

Ok. But no official ruling yet?

17. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Ok folks, gonna need lots of video from this event, preferably from the middleweight crowd. It's been difficult to find good onboard video of Pittrace to study. We will be there for MA and Triple Crown and need to do more pre-race studying since this is AJ's first time there.

18. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Throw the bike in the bed of your truck, come to knoxville Thursday night, then ride up with us Friday, run the 4hr. Problem solved, no video needed.

No Brakes and Wheel Bearing like this.
  19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

What better way to learn a track than to do a 4 hour endurance race on it first...

20. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Look up Emerson Amaya's videos.. he scoots there.