1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12'' Tire Options

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by DylanShaver, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

Bike is a 2000 KX 80 with 12'' rims wrapped in 100/90 TT93's. Every local bike shop I call says the TT93's are on back order... Can someone inform me of other good tire options for 12'' rims? Need to get some tires ordered asap. I have seen them on amazon but you never really know what your getting. Kart track at VIR is the bikes sole purpose...

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sava have some but they require warmers. Michelin has the power pure scooter tires in 12" size that work well in damp conditions.

3. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

Has anybody out here got any seat time with the 120/70 michelin options? Feedback on what they rode/handled like?

4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I want to try the new Kenda Kwick 100/120 set. Supposed to be very close to the TT93 but half the price. Otherwise Mitas or PMT for ultimate sticky.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And I never used warmers when running Sava MC31s, they came into it VERY quickly if you had the pressures right.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

what pressure are you running them at?

7. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

8. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

I'm running the MITAS 12" tires on both my minis and they are the best
    tire by a long way I have ever run. Got them from Gator Rimz. In cold weather
    run higher temps between 34 and 39 psi both front and rear. In warm temps I run
    25 - 29 psi. This would be cold PSI, I do not use warmers. Tires come in after 1 lap
    at decent pace.

Ethan Wakefield likes this.
  9. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

10. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

My kid uses PMT’s on his mini,
    Grip is incredible, no warmers used, they stick pretty well cold and warm up quickly

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

12. kevinnolde

kevinnolde kandjracingsolutions.com

We have sold many tires to racers and still find the Mitas MC 35 to be the best all around tire for most 12 inch minis. They stick from cold, have excellent feel, they wear consistently through the whole tire (down to the belts with little change in lap time) they work well when the track is wet/dry they and are mid priced in the market.

13. sharky nrk

Man that seems like pretty high pressure. Is that normal for the Mitas? I run like 18 cold on tt93s

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Mitas like point loading more than carcass flex. You go UP in pressure for rain/cold for example. Seems odd, but it works.

15. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I ran 18-20 on my Dunlop’s and run 23-28 on my Mitas they work great. I run medium rear and a soft front. The extra softs seem to wear out way to quickly, they just shred on my 150r but I’m north of 220 lbs also. The extra soft last a few days instead of a whole season and I don’t think they had more grip.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I nearly highsided my stock powered grom out of t13 @ barber on them

Get the mitas

2wheeldev and hrc_nick_11 like this.
  17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We still stock the BT-601's.

18. sharky nrk

^^ what does a set run?

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

20. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

The 601's are the bomb-diggity for real!