MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hope old boy isn't too broken to return to the Dani of old. Dude has taken some real hits. I wish Yamaha had brought him in rather than Vinales, but Vinales did make sense being shiny and new.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't think that's fair. They're at different career stages too. Lorenzo will have more influence at Honda than Zarco could, given who Lorenzo is. Lorenzo also has enough money to walk away from the sport, never do shit again and still live very well. Zarco doesn't have that kind of money. If Zarco went to Honda and it didn't work out, he'd lose his whole career and never get big money again. If Lorenzo and Honda don't work out, Lorenzo could leave the sport, never work again and just bang Spanish sluts all day in his big ass mansion. I think Zarco was smart to take the Redbull money. For us on the outside it's easy to say what someone should do, different when you're the rider and looking at the $ 1 million deal vs. the $ 10 million deal that might never come again in your life. Man's gotta eat.

HotbodiesRacing and MachineR1 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point, he does have a healthy ego even with the last year and a half.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

What other options did he have coming as a Rookie? Going to one of the best bikes on the grid, except that Fluke Ducati year, was a no brainer

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'They' say that Dani is to announce his retirement at Montmelo...

Fack, I did want to see him on a M1 before he skedaddle out.

6. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

I’m not a Stoner fan but the series would explode if CS came back on whatever bike.

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Speedweek reports he'll announce his retirement . It's a real shame if we don't ever see him on a bike other than the Honda

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Would have been cool to see him on another bike, but, I get it. The guys been busted more than anyone I can think of, and to have been with Honda for 18 years, seems fitting to end it there. He'll be making money being a brand ambassador and involved with the sport for the rest of his life.

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Will there be a RedBull KTM and a Monster KTM then? Good for KTM

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No. Red Bull only.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If papa’s report is correct — he turned down a 1 year deal with HRC — it doesn’t much make sense to retire. Unless of course he simply changed his mind. Hoping he gets on a sat. Yam and shows something.

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Is Monter no longer with Tech 3?

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It might have been for insulting money, put him on another team with questionable equipment or 1 of a thousand things. Also, reports are that Georgie signed 2 weeks back and the offer to pedrosa might have been a smoke screen and they never intended on actually signing him, just offering him a 1 year and then drag out actually signing it until the announcement of whore-gay was done and pull it away from him.

Who knows.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not as of the end of this year. Word was they were going at the end of 2017 but Zarco and Folger's crystals results changed that.

rafa likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know when this is supposed to have happened, though. He might have changed his mind since, who knows? Or maybe the alleged one-year offer was no more attractive to him than retirement.

16. dsapsis

Right but it does seem strange that they would offer a stupid low offer unless the design was to sack him all along. Holding out Petronas hopes...

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't forget that he fired Puig a few years ago.

18. dsapsis

Yeah, aware of that. I try to stay off the hate wagons but Alberto does really come off as a dick. PATRONAS-Pedo!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Hearing strong rumors linking AI to a satellite Yamaha, which I would LOVE to see.

Remember that time that Dovizioso stepped down from a factory team to a satellite Yamaha? See where he ended up a few years later?

cpettit likes this.