1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I would like to get back up there sometime.... this might be the chance...

fat bloke and No Brakes like this.
  3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

No 300/ESS or DSS? This is a national right?

exracer941 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is a sportsman and national but with limited classes as well as a number of classes we don't normally run. No 750 stuff either.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Supplemental regs have been pulled down for a few pending some editing from the powers that be.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'll be there with my TLR, but as a novice. Would be cool to see each other's bikes and talk shop!

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Will ESS bikes be allowed in Formula 3 for vintage days?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. I was going to update the rules for VMD to allow them but didn't remember in time - I'll see about adjusting the SR's.

9. gpronniev

gpronniev Member

So, Just a question, I run the senior HW superbike novice class, I don't see it listed, Can I run the open A superbike ?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no Senior Superbike at VMD and yes, you can run A Superbike Novice.

11. fastedyamaha

Looking at the practice schedule, I'd be grouped in the 1000cc group with my TLR. What happens if you don't think you'd be comfortable with the super fast guys on the liter bikes? Are you stuck in that practice group no matter what?

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Look forward and conquer!! They will get around you in a responsible safe manner..... Been there... Well still am... I will be on the TL's again at Cycle Jam....

13. fastedyamaha

I guess I've had way too many experiences with "fast" guys being jackasses when they pass you in practice. Complaining to race control never did any good either. I'm hoping that WERA is different but I have no illusions as to being anything other than a moving chicane with the difference in bike performance between a TLR and the new liter bikes.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah when Mesa passed me on the Warm up lap in the Rain at the Road Atlanta on the back stretch before the Triple Crown race I was like WTF... Then I said that was Bad Ass with that tail light on and all....

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Up to you really, if it fits better we could put you with the 600's. We do that with the V5-6 bikes all the time depending on the rider and their preference.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We expect our big bike experts to be able to pass safely and relatively courteously and we do take complaints very seriously. We give more leeway in a race but not practice, there is no reason to be dangerous.

17. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Do we need to buy a weekend pass?
    AMA member discount ends today

18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You need a weekend pass.

19. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Joe, thanks for the heads up, got the passes and registered for the races, now to get the SV
    together.

20. chrisOH

chrisOH Well-Known Member

Any idea how practice runs on Friday? Are the sessions 30 minutes or is it 15 minutes all around like normal?