1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your morning and how it determines your day

Discussion in 'General' started by codyjphoto, May 16, 2018.

1. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

If you are anything like me (I doubt it) then you likely realize the importance of a good start to the day.
    For me it is truly important to wake up in a good mood and accept that some small irritants in the morning just DO NOT MATTER. What I enjoy doing is being woken up around 5-6 AM by my beloved Lab, Sophie. She wakes me up with nothing but love and letting me know she needs to go out. As I walk through the kitchen I turn on the espresso Machine (thought about a thread on these specifically) and enjoy the fresh country air whilst outside. To sum up the morning, I am up early enough to relax, have my espresso by the koi pond out front and play catch with Sophie until a reasonable time before work. I typically work a shower into this little routine.

All this to say that taking the time to relax, open your eyes and see that it's a beautiful morning (even if it is raining) will determine your day.

I found myself having such a fantastic morning not long ago that I came into work directly to some pissed off clients here at the dealership. I was in such a good mood that I did not let their piss poor attitude bring me down and I killed them with kindness.

Jonathan Chadic, my boss and mentor, sat down with me on my front porch one evening after a terrible day at work and taught me that letting the little things get to me through out the day served me absolutely no benefit. He taught me to let insignificant things go and to cut out the negative things and people in my life. We all have such a small amount of time here and how we choose to spend each little moment is so much more important than we tend to realize.

All of this is somewhat a rant and useless but I'm curious to hear from you all on how you may start your day and what you do with small irritations in life. (Also if their is enough espresso or coffee talk that may become another welcomed thread)

Cheers

Boman Forklift, MachineR1 and Wingnut like this.
  2. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Screw you and all your sunshine happy horse shit

:Poke:

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

That was a nice way to put it. I was going to say F' that BS :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I start with coffee and reading the crap on here. There is no such thing as a good start to the day :crackup:

track wagon likes this.
  5. codyjphoto

If you reread this thread it could be a lengthy crap read then lol

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

what if being a sarcastic ass and pointing out people's short-comings in a witty and whimsical way, makes you happy in the morning?

7. codyjphoto

Sounds like the whole premise to the show "Frasier"

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

sure... you could maybe say my average day resembles Frasier a bit. except for the whole part about not being a gigantic piece of shit. but otherwise... ;):cool:

9. codyjphoto

That leaves reason to believe you may be a slightly smaller piece of shit then if not a "giant" one......

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Cite? :Poke:

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The whole "dog in my face at 5am" pretty much ended it for me.

EDIT - yes yes...I know all you guys and your dogs.

Broome will be here soon ranting about dogs.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Works well for me at pretty much any time of day!

BigBird, Sweatypants and codyjphoto like this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Our loving 2.5 y.o. son comes to wake us up at 5:00 AM and I want to kill the little mofo :D j/k

Boman Forklift and codyjphoto like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Trying to create the perfect morning, space, routine or whatever is great for selling books. The only thing that I'm 100% in control of all the time is my attitude. And that sets my perspective on everything. If I have a shitty attitude it is 100% my fault. Not my environment, time of day or circumstances. Just me.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I follow a morning routine loosely based on the one from the book "The Miracle Morning". Although for me, it starts the evening before when I plan the next day out. It's really easy to get sidetracked in my business, so mapping everything in advance greatly reduces my stress level, and increases my productivity. Up around 4 for some mental exercise, at the gym by 5:30 for some real exercise, then hit my day.

The Great One likes this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I like to roll out of bed at 9, get to work by 10. That way by the time I'm fully awake 25% of my workday is over. This greatly reduces potential problems.

17. Get up early, everyday. You get much more done and your day starts off better because everyone’s still asleep and not pissing you off.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

THIS is generally how our day starts. :crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except the things I get done are here and emails - which doesn't work for the last bit at all :D

codyjphoto likes this.
  20. codyjphoto

The only difficulty with getting up early is liking to go to bed late because you work late and need to do stuff at night. Also if you're young and seeing ladies like I am, you stay up late anyway.

Steeltoe likes this.