1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Peyton was pissed but not one with nothing but time.

Seems like another member didn't like why the suit got dismissed and still wants to see the books. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull his license since he's a lifetime member (guessing that's a leftover from when they were our affiliate).

I agree the entire thing sucks but don't get why they don't just publish the books. Yeah there will be things people bitch and whine about spending money on but even so.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not 100% sure but I think they yanked Peytons before he filed the suit.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We need swingline to make an appearance here for an expert opinion.

Sabre699, Phl218, Ducti89 and 2 others like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Probably because somebody will have to pay back a significant sum of money that they don't have.

shakazulu12, VFR#52 and Sweatypants like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i'd tend to lean that way. anyone with this much effort and money spent on NOT just being open, is either spitefully dumb beyond even some Babuska shit... or being a slimebag. (i can't believe i'm about to say this given its use for political/police type dungeon conversations) but people with nothing to hide normally won't go thru this kind of trouble.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I thought they were in TX.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Being in the pacific northwest, I haven't had the pleasure of a WERA experience. With that said, I am constantly amazed at the amount of stupid shit that some of the clubs around here are constantly getting involved in.

panthercity and VFR#52 like this.
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Sad when a BOD member resigned in April after they refused to show him the books.
    Heard there was a letter to JU at Road Racing World sent also.
    So be interesting what direction all this goes.

Steven

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:Probably.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

From the perspective of a layman, which is what I am when it comes to law, yes, that seems completely unfair.

The interesting thing to watch, at least to me, is if the current BOD will revoke the membership of the new plaintiff(s). In my personal opinion, that action, if taken, will be disastrous for the club when it comes to member relations, public relations, and eventually, revenue.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have legitimate concerns.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Could you imagine if wera showed the books and we found out how much Mongo spent on pie?

Memberships went up again this year. Coincidentally the same amount that Publix raised their grocery prices in the bakery...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be amazed at how much of my expenses on business trips comes out of my paycheck and not from the company. I don't think WERA has ever bought me pie :(

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you talked to your accountant about that? I'm not saying you should be gaming WERA, but if what you say is the case, there are probably some significant tax advantages to paying you less and having the org cover more of your expenses.

Joe Lopez and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless you've found a way to travel by pie (stranger things have happened on the BBS), I don't think the IRS would accept it as a travel expense anyway.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wait....you said "books", I thought it said boobs?

Mehh, unsubscribing.....:(

Joe Lopez likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think you’re on to something. Hmmmmm.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes and there are, I could also claim a lot more in unreimbursed business stuff. But that would mean keeping track of it all :D

Well, technically WERA has bought pizza for officials and such in the past so it has bought me pie - entertainment expense :D

20. I. Don't. Care. :D

Ive watched dude at least 37 times, and every time I laugh just as hard. I can't wait until tomorrow morning. I will kinda forget about it during the night, then when I do beeb ketchup I will stumble across him again and lose my shit again. :crackup: