MotoGP | Jerez | Spain |May 4-6 | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 30, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

If Petruchi wasn’t on a Duc he would arrest Lorenzo for dangerous riding.

rcarson15 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

As someone said, how do you go from being wide to swinging all the way back on the racing line in the same turn. If it is was F1, it probably would have been a penalty as it could have been looked at as swerving.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

3. 418

418 Expert #59

FB_IMG_1525651684635.jpg Dovi was so pissed he tried to restart the wrong bike lol

HPPT, NemesisR6, track wagon and 2 others like this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like anyone is really at fault to me but Lorenzo could have been a bit more cautious coming back onto the racing line.

Suzuki should keep Ianonne. Ducati let him go and are stick with that turd Lorenzo. I hope Suzuki don't make the same mistake.

In moto 3 however..... Canet needs to be kicked the f@ck out of gp racing.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You’re playing the wrong game. You lost. Accept it.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Bzzzt wrong. Try again? Triple or nothing?

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

A classic example of "Who do we hate the most? That's who is at fault!"

JJJerry, HPPT, Banditracer and 3 others like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

track wagon, rcarson15 and Sabre699 like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fucking Puig. :mad:

track wagon and OldSchlPunk like this.
  10. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Can we get a screenshot of possibly a top 10 save of all time? I can't MM saved that in the "gravel".

BigBird likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't like Lorenzo or Dani... fuck em both! :Poke::Pop:

BUT... when Lorenzo fucked up and essentially hacked the corner, look at the trajectory of where his bike was pointing when its the above view camera. it looked like he was gonna end the turn after the apex literally completely on the inside of the turn exit fully to the right hand side of the track touching the paint stripes. that's an odd ass line choice no matter what was going on. he could have easily squared it less, and pushed to the outside of the turn in parallel with Dovi upon exit like you would have if you were actually taking the turn as normal with an outside-inside-outside approach like every other dude does that goes thru the turn after them. that would literally be the natural momentum of the bike to want to do that as he got back on the gas and let it push out as he accelerated, putting you at the left side of the track. that entire inside line was literally Dani's. Lorenzo's movement was mad sporadic and didn't make sense. like he over corrected by accident or something and muscled it back too far the other direction after getting offline. this one is on him if anyone.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That was unreal. The kids ability to control a motorcycle in adverse conditions is simply second to none.

I'm looking forward to sitting down with my grandkids someday and watching the Marc Marquez highlight reel, and telling them I watched them all live. Like people watching Babe Ruth at the polo grounds. History in the making here people whether you like him or not. :)

Imnotfast, scottn, BigBird and 5 others like this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I swear I will not live long enough to understand how people witness these amazing accomplishments week after week and month after month and year after year, and career after career, and not recognize them for what they are. Particularly since I am certain that the slowest MF that anyone's talking about would go blowing by all of you like you were chained to a post. I celebrate them all. Do you, as a spectator, have to shit on another person's setback to enjoy your secondhand success? If so, sad face. Poor sportsmanship.

AJ, 418, scottn and 9 others like this.
  14. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

In the video you can also see Lorenzo trying to pick up Dovi’s bike at the same time . What would have happened if one of them was successful in riding away on the other bike ? DQ ?

15. Sweatypants

that bullshit of "they're better than you so you can't ever say anything" is total nonsense. they're getting paid a lot of money because they can do the things we do, better than most everyone, and in the public eye, making other people money all over the world. its such a weak cop-out garbage argument to think that you can never have an opinion, and an informed one at that, because you can't beat a person at something. everyone here has been on a track and understands racing and dynamics of racing. doesn't matter if they're a novice in a mini-race or Josh Hayes. c'monnnnn...

you realize all these people being discussed, and most everyone in every sport has a coach that helped make them great that can't come close to beating them in the sport they're a champion of? or do you think that Parkinson's ass having Freddie Roach needs to be able to beat up Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto to be able to criticize their training? Cus D'Amato shoulda been able to beat up Mike Tyson or should have just kept his mouth shut and only given out praise and encouragement? that's the position you're taking?

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol OK.

Produce another person, other than yourself, who understands exactly what it feels like to go 300+kph down the road.

17. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

18. Sweatypants

you exactly missing the entire point, the whole point, and everything including the point. i get what you're trying to say, but its wrong. contrary to popular belief... people who spend a large portion of their lives watching, doing, and analyzing a sport, end up actually knowing things about it without ever having to be a champion. who woulda thought? how do people ever become historians and archaeologists without time travel machines, those dumbass idiots... here they are all not fighting the Huns or build castles?

better call up every major sports network and tell them all to stop having pre/post show analysis. those fuckin losers. they should just sit quietly with their hands folded in their laps and then clap like mindless simpletons when the better men on the big tv do things better than them while their eyes glaze over with euphoria.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, it's really binary with you, please be explixit?

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Is it complaining when the guy with the fancy new part seems to agree with you?
    Marquez said "Looks like [the carbon fibre is] the way. Tomorrow [at the test] I will try again the aluminium again because it’s important for us to get back-to-back comparisons. This is just the first prototype, the first time that Honda is working with carbon fibre. It looks like it’s a good way."