1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSBK: Canadian Superbike Series

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, May 3, 2018.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Have any northen Americans ever consider trying out our little National Series ?

Question goes out mostly to Northen East Americans, as our series is mostly on the Southern East Coast of Canada.

After all, the US dollar being at what it is (HIGH) and ours really crummy, why not give it a try ?!

Give it, our tracks are not at all impressive, except for Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) which is our best track.

Just curious...

I've been down to New Jersey (2015) and what a blast I had with CCS guys in amateur (where ever my 600 could run). Went back the year after (2016) to do Moto America Supersport... Had a blast again !!!

2. If I wanted to race on a bumpy parking lot with no runoff and drive 24 hours to get there I’d go to a Walmart in California:)

I think Billy Ethridge did a round or two there last year.

MachineR1 and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It should be called the Eastern Canadian Superbike Association. We never see any of it out here in the west.

toybm and nitto182 like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

When I started racing up there the Canadian dollar was at just over 50 cents. We called it half price racing. :)

5. KneeDragger_c69

It did go in 2015 at the Castrol Raceway but do safety reasons, CSBK hasn't gone back.
    They are looking at BC now...

Maine reason CSBk doesn't do a whole lot of other tracks...
    Again, it ain't perfect but for you guysm, it could be Budget racing :P lol

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I know you guys don't have it on your schedule but Calabogie is a great track, been going there since the year it opened. Mosport is alot of fun too especially with that long back straight.

joec likes this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

Ya it was brought back in 2015 when Shannoville wasn't sure if it would host the first round of the series.
    In 2016 Shannonville signed on again and Calabogie was dropped once again. It's an expensive track to rent and certain minor issues with safety as well.

8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

That's an understatement, CSBK runs around 2:00-:05 at Calabogie and leaves zero margin for error

nitto182 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Didn't a couple guys get hurt real bad the one year CSBK went there ?

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I vaguely recall that
    Turn 1 scares the crap out me every time I go thru it.

11. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Turn one at bogie is dangerous. If you make a mistake there it’s gonna hurt real bad.

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Get that Area 27 on the schedule

nitto182 likes this.
  13. Considering how bad the tracks are, how spread out they are geographically and spread out population the series has a decent turnout. I can remember back in the day watching it on tsn.

14. KneeDragger_c69

And last year I have to say that the participation of racers was higher then a few years back.
    We're still just missing fans to encourage the riders and the sport.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Some old Canada Superbike races.

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Race City is now a landfill. They dosed the entire complex including the kart track we raced minis at.

17. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

We (Arclight Suzuki) went to Mosport in 2002 for the FUSA/CSBK match races.

My rider Craig Connell, who had never seen the place before, kicked ass and was crowned the King of Mosport. Met a lot of nice folks and had a great time.

https://riderfiles.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/formula-usa-action-at-mosport-2002/

And way back in the day I got to race at Westwood in BC, in the 1988 WERA Western Endurance Series. That place was super cool. Only time I ever raced in the rain. Watched a guy slide off the track and go right between two trees, that could have been ugly.

18. KneeDragger_c69

That's cool... even Geoff May was present !

In 2016, Claudio Corti came with is team and played with us !
    Pretty good show that was...