1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA New Racer Incentive Program

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like schedule abbreviations :D

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How long does it usually take to process an application? My money was debited last monday and I'm looking for my info so I can register for Mid-Ohio.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me - if the money came out then Evelyne processed your membership that day (or the following). Everything probably went in the mail Thursday, I think that is Emilys normal mailing day.

4. fastedyamaha

Thanks for your quick response. Just for the record, you can change brake m/c to a brembo if you're racing superbike?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Rusty848

Rusty848 Well-Known Member

Last time I raced was in 2014 as expert.i coach and do plenty track days.can I keep expert plates or need go to novice?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should be fine as an Expert, we leave it up to you for the most part.

8. fastedyamaha

cough cough cherry picker cough cough :crackup:

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'm contemplating doing the PA wknd for the first time with WERA.
    I race Pro (Expert) here in Canada but have never raced Pittsburg.
    Do I apply to the license as a Novice or Pro ?

Also, the form asks for race school certificate but I haven't seen it for over 20 some years !?!!

Is there an old dude series ? :D

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that if it's your first time going to PittRace, you're going to love it!

jksoft and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be an expert and your Canadian license is proof of experience so no need for the cert :D

12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I sure think so too... :)

Super, thank you Sean.:beer:

13. Question for Admin, @Mongo
    If I am a new racer, am I required to have a steering stabilizer for just the race school.
    I want to get the school out of the way before the end of the season but Road Atlanta this coming weekend is about my only chance.
    I have no interest in anything but the race school for 2019, will knock my provisional out in the beginning of 2020.
    Lightweight twin Super-bike class, 2015 FZ07.
    I assume just the standard safety wiring of all bolts, exhaust hangars, radiator cap, etc?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, didn't get on here over the weekend, did you do the school? Overall the answer is no, the bike has to be race ready for the school but we will work with you on it.

BigBird likes this.