1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR Triple Crown +1 Round and MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No schedule yet but it is open for pre entry. I'll post more as I get it.

Also on the MA side of things they have changed the twins rules to allow back to 2003 SV's. Plenty of time to get your license handled and get entered if you're interested in coming out and having fun and don't have a 600/1000 to run with us :D

Posted this a couple of other places but I'd suggest anyone coming grab a scanner. Doesn't have to be fancy, just has to get the 400 range. Specific frequency will be in the info you get from us or at the track. They do all their calls plus other info over that rather than the PA and it works great.

javyday likes this.
  2. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Will we be able to get in after 5 on Thursday or do we have to be there before then?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You won't be able to get your passes after 5 which means no access to the paddock so before is better.

I expect load in to start at 10 as normal - however it shouldn't be quite as packed as Road Atlanta. Once they all get back from COTA and have some time to breath and think about VIR I'll get more info. Not going to bug them just yet :D

4. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's what I figured. May just have to come down Friday morning.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I expect registration to open same times as Road Atlanta so 7am Friday.

SWest122 likes this.
  6. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I have a few questions.

What are the logistics for Registration and Tech?

Take a number at Dunlop for tire changes regardless of brand? Any idea how much they charge?

Other than my WERA license and AMA Membership card do I need to bring anything else with me?

Thanks

7. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

If you are pre registered you will stop and get your credentials from MotoAmerica. When you come in you will be directed where to park. Find Evelyn and Sean and sign in with them. They will probably have roving tech Thursday evening.that will come to you. If you are not preregistered there are limited times to make it happen.
    From Sean:
    "Some more VIR info for those thinking about Round 2 of the Triple Crown +1 - you will not be able to get into the track unless you arrive while MotoAmerica credentials is open to get you your passes. Pre entry will help this tremendously as you have to be entered for us to put you into their system. Evelyne will be out there to help but only from 4-5 on Thursday and Friday morning 7 or so until 8am. After that you can enter at the RV however you'll need to be in the track to do so. I will be checking email and such the whole time but the end result is pre entry is by far the best way to get this all handled and make your weekend run as smoothly as possible. Pre entry closes tonight at midnight

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You pre entered so I'll get your name to MA - pick up your gate passes at their registration outside the track. You do have to do that when they're open to get in, if you're coming Thursday get there by 5pm (they open at noon). We'll have your receipt at the RV if Evelyne isn't out at registration when you come in. Tech will be in your pit, we'll find you.

Not sure on Dunlop, I'd email Bru about that one.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The MotoAmerica reg hours are Thursday 12-5pm, Friday 7am-5pm, you'd better be there by that point :D

10. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I'll be there before 5 on Thursday.

Thanks for the additional details.

11. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Do you need to rent a transponder if you have an AMB?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you have your own then no.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Does the practice rule still apply if you're racing Pro Twins? Whats triple crown entry cost??

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Entry is $350 - however since X already has his pass and everything it's $150 less if he doesn't want the GA bands.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator