1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethics? You talking about ethics?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Chino52405, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

2. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Citation needed.

crashman likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I just wanted to share this image and this thread was near.

[​IMG]

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

If only it said

Exit SJW

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why would any president publicly lobby for the World Cup? FIFA is so corrupt you think you'd want to stay out of it completely, not to mention Americans don't give a shit about the sport. Idiot.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Immigrant votes matter. Have you seen the sports on the big screens in most Mexican Restaurants?

7. bj

bj Well-Known Member

It all about manipulating the ignorant. That's his MO and he's very, very good at it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

The deplorables?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Money. Visitors come watch it and spend cash.

10. R1Racer99

Except it's predicted to lose money. It's just like the Olympics, the corrupt organizations make bank and the stupid host countries lose their ass. Russia, China, and Qatar don't mind losing their ass to look important on the world stage, apparently we're part of that now too.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is the host country losing money? ATL is going to make cash. Unlike the Olympics no one is building huge venues that will never be used again.

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

This. Just like Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, and all of the ones that came before.

13. R1Racer99

https://economics.umbc.edu/files/2014/09/wp_10_121.pdf

Kind of a long read but he explains it better than I can. Whether it costs money or loses money, what's the point of having it in the big picture? For Trump I'm guessing it's just something else he can brag about and take credit for, most of us wouldn't give a shit.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It absolutely is a bragging point on the world stage. Not sure why it bothers people. I don't care either but I get why it's good overall for the country.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I did read the guys summary, it may have been true in 2010 but lots has changed in 8 years included most of the venues already hosting soccer so no added expense for the WC. His reasonings are really odd too, worrying about security and trash collection and so on? Well duh, those are normal for large events. People staying away because the event is too crowded? Huh? If the city is full of people then it's full of people.

Sure seems like his main goal in that is to bitch about FIFA and the like which I totally get but not sure his guesses about a net loss are going to be remotely true here and now 8 years later...