1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

it falls in your mangina.

2. Nailed it.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

foreal. and the number to swallow my pride usually has an "x" attached to it, as in a multiple of my aggrieved actual amount of damages. this dude's had a "/" in it. complete opposite of actually buying somebody off. good job lawyering there nerd.

4. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Why the extra 18 cents?

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I can relate to this, and wish I'd had the resolve to pursue the issue when I got screwed over by Probst.

I regret I was too much of a chicken to endure the Sharkfest and I wasn't brave enough to endure having MY character publicly called into question.

Kudos to the OP for doing that.

Ducti89 and Yzasserina like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is a certain irony in that Team Bakuska's mouthpiece has acknowledged that going to court was only about making life difficult for Ducti89 out of spite, for the way the situation was handled. So it was about Babuska's principles, however twisted they are, not about money. And yet, when Ducti89 is declared the victor in court, radio Pyongyang is now trying to push the narrative that it's about how little money was awarded, not about Ducti89 fighting this out of principle and coming out the winner. Riding dirt bikes is a lot of fun, but it doesn't teach logic.

stk0308, Chris, BigBird and 24 others like this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Radio Pyongyang. :crackup:

stk0308, Shenanigans, Rico888 and 7 others like this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:D

9. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Greg, didn't you go to pretty long lengths when you got cheated out of a set of Marchesinis from a guy in Canada? So much so that you got kicked off that forum for the complaining?

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Reeeaaaallllly?

You mean the professional third party arbitrator got upset when he got burned? Huh.

Was there a face to face? Did he name names? Did it go to court? Did he win? Was he made whole? Any really breath-taking stupid attorneys posting on that forum defending the seller? Was the seller a really really fast racer? Are there pms i need to subpoena??

stk0308, badmoon692008, MGM and 8 others like this.
  11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Interest.

BigBird likes this.
  12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am still trying to figure out how you are posting with both of your hands so busy lovingly cupping Franks balls.

ToofPic, Hordboy, Rebel635 and 5 others like this.
  13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I think we can all agree that the moral to this story was, is, and will always be:

a proper Bill of Sale (contract, including particulars, with two witnesses signatures. ie: 'as-is' w/brembo, etc.,etc.,) would have prevented any mis understandings.

seems to me, both sides played apart in that error, and the esquires cashed in on it (FTW as usual)

BigBird likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I have a question about dirtbikes. Do they transport you to an alternate universe or something?

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Moral of the story is, don't advertise 1 thing and then deliver another, then be a fucking dick and try to bully someone by calling them a pussy. Its really not that hard.

16. No, the moral of the story is...be upright and handle shit like a man, or your might end up in court.

As far as the second comment, I agree, in a perfect world, that would be nice. But everyone knows that isn't practical and doesn't happen.

Prior to accepting a bike, how many people do you think have the bike sent to a shop for complete disassembly and inspection? How many people will have the motor and clutch stripped to verify internals and condition, tear into the forks to verify internals and spring rates, drain the oil/brake fluid/coolant to check type and condition, pull the calipers to inspect the brake pads, pull the air filter to check type and condition, so on and so forth?

Going even further down that rabbit hole, to be completely "safe" both parties would need to be present to witness the disassembly and inspection to avoid any confusion or arguments.

But that doesn't happen. What happens is someone advertises a bike, someone else wants to buy it, the money is sent (deposit or in whole), then the seller and buyer meet somewhere to make the exchange, or the bike is picked up, or it is delivered by a shipping company.

Hell many times the bike is never seen in person before accepting deliver. Ive bought something like 16-17 bikes, and I have only seen maybe 3-4 of them in person before accepting delivery (and all of them were already paid for, in full, before I ever saw them).

99.9% of the time you are still taking people for their word, and even an itemized Bill of Sale is still taking people at their word unless you perform the aforementioned disassembly jobs and inspections...so shit like this is going to continue to happen unless people are upright.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Sabre699, Dragginass, Ducti89 and 3 others like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1000

I think my most honestly disclosed purchases, have been when I bought a used car or motorcycle over the internet. Basically you develop a trust through your communication with them and they are your eyes into what you are buying.

The first time I remember noticing this was in 04-05 when I bought a modified Mini-Cooper for 23k via eBay, out of Florida. A bunch of my friends thought I was an idiot for spending that much money, sight unseen, and only going off pictures and phone calls. Fortunately it was exactly as described and gave me the confidence to do that many more times over the years.

When you buy in person, it seems people are willing to hide things and see if you notice, which unfortunately leads to people being Babuska'd.

Ducti89 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ummm aren’t all your bikes new? :D This is totally on point however. :flag:

dickie doo likes this.
  19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

what was I thinking? we can all agree HAHaha! there is no reasoning with emotional fe-mans.

Im just tellin' y'all how reasonable men would avoid all this BS from the get go. all the argument (that both sides paid for due to their error/contractual failure) but have at it bishes! LOL

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Really feel like the proper judgement would have been 10 mins with that POS thief alone.