1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. This thread has been going on for two years, and I don’t feel like going back and rereading all the nonsense, so i’m going from semi-interested recall here; but....

Didn’t Melka originally claim not to know (or barely know) Babuska? It later became abundantly clear that he knows Babuska well.

Didn’t Melka claim multiple times to have evidence/proof/key information from „reputable sources?“. That story turned out to be BS.

Didn’t Melka try to claim that any issues, if any issues actually existed, were completely the fault of a third party not named in the lawsuit?

None of that seems very principled to me.

2. It cost me several hundred dollars, I spent 2 hours piss-anting water back and forth to the bed of the truck and the trailer, in the hot ass sun.....but I still won. :D

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Youve got a little bit of Chad Hasskew in the mix in the first part. Other than that, youre on the mark.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol neither do I. I did find it odd. Blind spot odd. Just struck me as out of character.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. I know you won a moral victory but the judgment didn’t pursade any of us from buying shit from him, this thread did. It was pretty damn clear from the rip he was in the wrong. The court thing was entertainment value for everyone. I honestly don’t belive it did anything other than waste your valuable time and provide our community with something else to just go “oh what the fuck? Now the scumbags scumbag lawyer is on here trying to defend him?”

Everyone made mistakes in this situation, including you and now we’re celebrating alienating another group of people within this already extremely small community. Hopefully we can all learn something from this bullshit.

6. Ducti89

The court thing wasnt just only entertainment value; it was about truth. There are a bunch of claims in this forum of people getting screwed, a lesser going down this road.

Frank and Greg will be staples in the race community until they retire and thats good. But new club racers make this sport grow, not old guys already here. The more we can Police ourselves the more we can weed out a headache like mine for newer racers so that when they decide to make the jump from trackdays to racing, theyre going to be rubbing shoulders with people who are actually honest. Its subjective. I know. I dont run a race or track day org. I like to think that issues like this and getting an ‘07 r6 motor in a ‘10 frame are over. Theres plenty of money to be lost in racing. Its motorsports.

As far as my lost time and money; besides compensating my witnesses and fixing my bike, i made out extremely well with other costs. I didnt have the 2.5hr commute to make each way. I didnt take off from work, i chose the days i was naturally off for my shift and drove less than 10 minutes to the courthouse.

I was going to have to fix the bike no matter what. If im knee deep in it, i can find ways for people to join me.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup.

Never settle for less.

That’s what a settlement would have been. Less truth but more $. Hello America. ;)

Kudos to you Ducti89 for pulling that off

The Great One likes this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

[​IMG]

9. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

It's all good, man.

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

One other thing to consider - for the next five to ten years Mr Babuska will have to check the “yes” box on any questionnaire that asks if anyone has won a judgement against him. Failure to check that yes box would constitute idling a false claim or perjuring himself.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. I don’t think it was a mistake. Swingline indicated a settlement was offered. I won’t speak for Ducti, but if I were in a similar situation, I would see it like this: a settlement is a „let‘s make this go away, without me having to admit fault“ action.

If I’m the aggrieved party, I expect a settlement offer will be high enough that I can swallow my principles. Yes, I’m establishing that my principles are for sale :D but the price is high - very high. I may be a whore, but I’m an expensive whore!

If the offer doesn’t buy my willingness to surrender my principles, then I’d rather settle for a lower amount and get a confirmation of guilt.

Ducti got that - a court ruled that Babuska is dishonest. The money is secondary to that.

12. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Very well said.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

From an "outside", almost neutral observer standpoint, I'm glad things went your way Duc89.

Wow, what a wild ride!

dteal23 and Ducti89 like this.
  14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Only a complete dirt riding moron would think this was about $$ towards the end.

15. Ducti89

It didnt have to be high, just reasonable and in return, after speaking and working it out with Frank, i would have been happy to report that it was a misunderstanding and that Frank made me whole again.

16. Was pretty crystal clear that opportunity passed a long, long time ago.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

He didn't claim this is a victory, the judge did. They don't award judgements for a "moral victory". They award judgements to winners and then the losers have to pay. Remind us which side you were on, please.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep.

19. Ducti89

Yeah.:oops:

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Like sands through the hour glass......