1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bald(ing) guys: clippers or razor?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 15, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What vacuum do you recommend to clean up the trimmings?

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

If only a Flo-Bee would work.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Old fashioned swirly comb over. I mean, I'm not balding.

Shenanigans, Phl218 and sharkattack like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ive been shaving my head since around 10-11 years old...........sure do regret not having it around a little longer now that I want it there:crackup: Oh and clippers all the way....no guard and loosen the blade screws and push the big blade further towards the small cutter blade and re-tighten the screws.You get a much tighter shave that way.

terminus est and Phl218 like this.
  5. sharkattack

Adjusted mine last night just as you said. They worked great.

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Why were you shaving your head at 11 yrs old?

Phl218 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Used to spend $20 (+$5 tip) every 2 weeks at my local barber until about 2013 when I started using clippers to buzz it to varying lengths depending on my mood. So thus far I've saved about $3600 with the investment of a $40 set of clippers :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Clippers, no depth gauge. Trimmers for the few surviving stragglers left on top.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yes, don't you?

sharkattack likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I'm with you. And I do actually feel slightly bad but.... :D

Britt likes this.
  11. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

sharkattack likes this.
  12. sharkattack

If only...haha!

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Gillette Fusion every other day and no additional creams, lotions, or snake oil.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Razor. Every day to every other day. I just do it in the shower, no mirror anymore. Been doing it that way since highschool.

wrx_02 likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Some guys look okay shaved bald but there are a bunch that just look either odd, ugly or psychotic.
    I'm half bald but I just get a short haircut. I would look ridiculous with a shaved head, especially with all the scars, lumps and dents up there.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Enough to cover a few Metallica concert tix. :D

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well... wait
    Until MH Is done looking at texted junk and gets back to finish the story

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

sharkattack likes this.
  19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but the enemy has set up a perimeter on the crown of my head, and is slowly advancing its position.

I joke about losing hair, because it's funny, and it's easier than getting pissed off about it - plus that hair replacement treatment is expensive as hell. Like $12,000 for a patch the size of a coffee mug - and still have SOME hair left there. I'm vain. I am not $12,000 vain.

If you're tall, fewer people than you think probably notice the top of your head.

staying in shape helps me feel better about it too. We were on a group ski trip and someone walked in on a friend of mine and his wife during a, uh, moment of intimacy... He was wearing a t-shirt. So any time he brings up my hair loss, I just bring up his t-shirt sex. "buddy - you need a little sod on the fairway." "I know jack - not all of us can cover up the signs that we're aging by wearing a t-shirt during sex."

I would do lowest buzzer setting tomorrow, but the wife doesn't want me to. She has to look at me more than I look at myself, so I've made it her call. /$.02

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I had dreds in the 90s then I shaved my head. Haven't stopped since. Prolly wouldn't be much there if I grew it out now. I don't get manicures or massages either but to each his own.