1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta WERA Triple Crown

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 11, 2018.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Screenshot_20180415-164453.png FZ07 made up .7 on the back straight. No less than 10hp advantage on Parrish.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Kris87 and sowega like this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Is post #241 the twins finishing order from today or just split times?

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

fastest splits and top speed. SVs about 130 without draft. FZ07 135

4. 418

418 Expert #59

128mph? Ducote is riding the struggle bus.

Dragginass and TurboBlew like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Pretty nice for Herrin that he came in without a bike and left with a nice supply of points. Could have been a really bad start to the year. I guess since the truck broke down in LA, they should be able to make it to COTA next week. I hope he had fun, since there really wasn't any pressure on him.

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Based on the 9 months of everyone dreading the new Yamaha in that other thread, after this weekend, you guys don’t have too much to worry about with the Yamaha that showed up.
    Yamaha rider weighs less than Parish, too.

You guys did fantastic!!!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Ok. Is it me or is the go90 app on a 20 min loop. Keep showing tractor and Hayden Gillom interview. Where is racing, or swimming

8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I think the Yamaha is at least an equal to the SV, but to be fair we will have to watch the West Coast roubds. The AP guys had never seen the track.

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

It doesn't really matter. A good rider can learn a track in one weekend easily.

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. And the results flipping from saturday-sunday don't either. I've owned and ridden both bikes. Love them both, and LW in general.

11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I agree, they did great but if they are 10-17 hp down which is being claimed, They probably could worry a little.

Who was dreading the Yamaha? All I saw in the other thread was how superior the SV was due to its engine configuration over the FZ’s P twin. Engine builders saying this, not hacks.

The Sonoma race should be a good one. There are a lot of fast SV’s out there.

12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Is there somewhere to watch the Twins race and first Superbike race?

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Very true. The 213 bike went to school during the race following Parrish and Murray. He almost pulled it off. Old man Parrish needed a double dose of the good stuff to get him to the line.

ensure.jpg

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Ha ha

15. Clutch started slipping about halfway through race yesterday. Shocked he was able to nurse it home but managed to salvage good points.

16. Fz is definitely faster in a straight line, way faster. The riders just didn’t have the speed through the twisty stuff.

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Poor Dustin. He never caught a draft in the race.

18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

It looked like the SV was picking up about 4-5mph in the draft, which seems about right to me. Its amazing how much the draft affects the lap times on the little bikes. When we used to do Cup qualifying back in the day, Ricky and I always drafted together to better our times. Which sucked for me because he always built a faster motor for himself than the one he built for me, and he couldn't go fast alone, so it was a one sided relationship. :D

jonathanp and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

@regularguy Mike, what was segment 2? I couldn't find a breakdown of which segment that was. That's the section where Madama was nearly a full second faster than the SV guys. They had him covered in seg 1 and 3.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is we have the classic HP vs Handling race.