1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Investment banking pays way more than racing... good decision. In a few years when he has earned his stripes, he can go buy whatever ready to win bike he wants and surprise a bunch of folks....

Boman Forklift and Gino230 like this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody hear what happen to Herrins rig?

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Broke down in LA

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Anyone know what happened to Danny in race 2?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Crashed in t1 I think, same place as Jake Lewis. They didn’t show the beginning of the wreck, just the aftermath.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The grids will pick up. Hell I was actually a last minute entry just based on the rules. I bought a frame and everyone to do barber later in the year then they changed the rules, so I threw my motor back in my bike, scrambled and got it together. My only issue was that I told my engine guy not to go into the bottom end. My fault bc that was the original problem.

However after the race in Parc Firme, we all got to talking amongst ourselves and also with the MA people who are in charge of this stuff and they are expecting it to grow. Anyone who is on the dreaded facetubes my have seen Beth Facebook living the race. BEIN did record and run footage to test the waters on running it on the YouTube channel for later viewing.

This race was spaced out a bit much mainly because of the disparity in experience and since it was such a small field the gaps were large. But once we get more bikes on grid the grids will go up.

Unfortunately this was a direct correlation as to why I stopped riding my SV in the SE. I stopped riding bc of lack of participation and being the only bike on grid in some cases.

However, with that said, I will be running my SV in rounds later this year and plan on making Cycle Jam. A race which I didn’t plan on making this year at all. A couple more riders will be on grid as well like Chris Bays who was hurt and the LWTRacer guys. You won’t have 30-40 bike grids but they will be a good size for sure especially out west and barber will be packed I know for sure.

As far as the bikes go, as of now, the AP bikes are fast as fuck. Everyone knows RA is a horsepower track so i think there and possibly Utah and Road America that will be evident.

All in all it was a good time and once you get over the initial cost of the license, $250, and credentials, $100 a person. It’s $65 for a spectator so really that’s a a wash IMO. Only other real cost is let’s say Team shirts. And you can even get away with getting some polos from Walmart and having team logos put on.

Ran take offs in practice, ran a new rear in Qualifying, changed the front before Q2, ran that front and a new rear in race. Now next race I have tires that have a whopping 15 laps on a front and I think 15 on the rear. Will only need one set next time. Sure in the club races you can run the tires longer and hell at my pace at Road Atlanta I probably could have ran one set, but once it’s in the budget for a set, why not.

So bring your SV’s out and come have fun, get paid to do it, get to watch great racing and be part of the show (albeit a small part) and support WERA throughout the year when MA isnt local.

I believe there will only be a handful of people running every round. maybe Parrish and Manama?

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Ummm, what? :D
    The shirt thing is obviously not a big deal as my pit lane pic shows. We're wearing Dickies work shirts.
    You can do the weekend on 1 set or maybe 1 front and 2 rears easily, that was a nice bonus.

This deal truly isn't any more $ than a WERA weekend, really makes me miss my SV!

Great job this weekend Dustin on an unfamiliar bike. You looked pretty comfortable Sunday vs. Saturday.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oops ADD’s myself out of the HP part if that but the HP part I think will be negated moreso at the more technical tracks but as of now it’s not that bad

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep. Road America and Miller for sure, don’t really know about Sonoma.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  10. assjuice cyrus

Yea, I heard that but was wondering what broke? Being I deal with repairing big rigs everyday, I was wondering what happened to keep it down that long. Knowing you can over night just about any part very cheap. So was just trying to see what actually broke.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never heard details. But it was enough to keep in in LA over the weekend. Driver didn't want to leave the rig alone with everything in it and take just some stuff to the track - can't blame them a bit. Could has possibly found some babysitting help in Shreveport but didn't find out where it was until way too late. Some day these kids will learn to ask :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s the skinny on MA not going to NOLA this year?

lightning97 likes this.
  13. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Rear differential

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same reason we aren't. Not enough people around there.

15. assjuice cyrus

Man, shocked they couldn't get it done. But I don't know when, where it happen at. All that could play a factor.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

They've never came here before. Hell the AMA only came once. Attendance probably sucked.

G 97 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s must of been what I was thinking. Damn, I’m old. LOL.

cajun636 likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These were our crew shirts from last year. I know I still have the two mens XL's for Tyler and I.

I should be able to round up the girls shirts too, if anyone wants to use them. Just tell me where to ship them.

SundaySocial, t11ravis and G 97 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did our embroidered Triple Crown shirts cheap online. Thats an easy thing.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is that Bill Murray on the right?

:D