1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can she be fired for this?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 3, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does not compute.:D

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Let me preface this - not directed specifically at you.

I think it's sad that we live in a culture that has devolved to the point that when a idiotic comment is made, its not acknowledged as just that and not somehow immediately elevated to inflammatory.

As a result, a large portion of the population has their public "perceived self" and then who they really are or "normal self" that they feel compelled to do in some covert manner. Just seems dishonest to me.

For example, "Mark - that comment you just made was idiotic" - end of story.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Before people felt the need to post their every thought on Facebook and Twitter, their "public self" was only known to their immediate circle of friends and they were in little danger of being fired for being stupid. Choices.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

That happens even without social media.
    Someone who has a thing for watching midget wrestling really isn't going to make a public commotion about it. But they might go watch midget wrestling with a few other random people who like it.
    Sometimes I like reading steamy historical romance novels, I am not gonna go bleating about that at work.
    I also don't show people how fucking sick I am at work. I am a manager, I need some decorum.

It's part of life. We generally don't show many people who we really are unless they are close to us.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Or they read the beeb.

6. CausticYarn

You think my beeb presence is real? :crackup:

I sit at home reading and being introverted.
    Nothing about what you see here is real. :p

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So you ARE just a figment of Dern’s imagination?? I’m so confused.

8. CausticYarn

No, but my online persona is just entertainment.

I am really a sweet corn fed suburban girl. :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucking artificial stupidity went full retard. Sorry guys. I'll reboot it tonight when I get home. :D

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I still think it's bullshit. That you can be fired for shit you say off the clock. Just more government fucking control and putting there thumb down on you

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Agreed. I’ve had that same argument with company owners/Presidents I’ve worked for. Fortunately, I’ve won every time ... so far.

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Ummmm how does this in any way relate to the government?

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It’s actually just the opposite in this case. The government actually DOESN’T give a rip and do anything about it. Ironically, I think that’s his beef in this instance.

While I agree with his beef, I also don’t think govt should have any input. It SHOULD be up to the business. And just like the employee that spouts off, there may/may not be repercussions for the choices made.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He literally posted the opposite. Do you guys have your own secret language or something? :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

With laws and shit that allows you to be fired for shit you do on your own time.

16. badmoon692008

So the government is "putting their thumb down on you" by allowing companies to make their own personnel decisions? That's an impressive level of ridiculousness.

Funkm05 likes this.
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It is. Wisconsinites. :D

18. badmoon692008

False... I was unable to translate and I'm a native... Must be a secret Madison dialect or something, I can never understand their logic :crackup:

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

Ok, but you think it's ok for a company to be able to fire you for your opinion on your personal time?

20. badmoon692008

Are you even reading anything that anyone is typing? Including yourself?

Robby-Bobby likes this.