1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I smell a scam

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Mar 27, 2018.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I hate selling shit on craigslist. Got this in response to a bike I'm selling.

I would really appreciate it if you can obtain the report and that you obtain it from a link full of stink because they're a lot cheaper than carfax, and you know how it is, every cent you save counts. I don't want to generate it myself because if it's bad then I just lost my money, but you can still use it however it turns out. I would like to see your bike tomorrow if you are free (and if everything is fine with the report)

Looking forward to hearing from you, Will

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

probably not scam, just cheap. which is probably worse to deal with.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tell him if he wants something from them, buy it himself.

and get ready for the "whats the least amount you will take for it" email.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    TurboBlew and Sweatypants like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's a scam.

Tell them to go fuck themselves.

5. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

Nope, def a scam. I hade about three of these in the two weeks it took to sell my Tundra.

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

fake website? i didn't wanna click it.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Tell him you got the report and come on over....

Boman Forklift and Razr like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

You have to mess with these idiots. Tell him you have 9" of his report swinging :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

nah, tell him you have the report but you'll only deal with his agent, and his agent will need to bring his check with him.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

All of this and no contact email for us yet? Haha

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. CRA_Fizzer

done. :)

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My buddy is selling his car and has gotten multiple offers to trade for stuff with included links to cl ads or Facebook marketplace ads. In both cases the links were spoofed to look real, and looked to be fishing for login information.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I put 2 ads on CL last month. Both items sat with no response. Refreshed both ads last week. Got exactly 1 email on each. Sold both items for full ask. Wonder if cars attracts a different crowd?

15. CRA_Fizzer

Nice reply...

My mechanic suggested me to be specific about the company, I prepared the money and only waiting for the report I suggested, you decide.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And once you pay the company he works for for the report he disappears - hopefully with your private info and you money for the report. Good scam really, get you to pay them to rip you off.

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

God how I hate this....I started responding (even though I know it's always a scam) by upping the listed price. If I listed it for ,say, $5000, the least I'll take for it, sight unseen, is $5500. One time I actually got a reply...."What's LEAST you'll take?" My response was $6000. What semi-serious person is ever going to buy a vehicle without looking at it?
    I did actually buy a CB400F in the very early e-bay days, but things have changed a lot since then.