1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another High School shooting - MD

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Mar 20, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hmm sucks on the two injuries but sounds like the cop did his job :flag: Of course then Communist New Network trots out the 17 shooting lie. Including accidents, non-student events, and college dorms and stuff that started off campus. At least they provided the data to see through their propaganda this time.

EDIT and this crap has always gone on. the difference is that this incident gets national news where in the 80's I would never have heard about an incident injuring two people hundreds of miles away.

rcarson15, TurboBlew and blkduc like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was hesitant to post a Cucked News Network link. My bad

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the spurious "bomb threats" that were all the rage 30 years ago, only with more serious consequences. Looks like the armed officer did his job, though...at least that's a plus. Can't wait until this "fad" blows over. I'm not making light of the seriousness of this, I guess it will take on a whole new dimension as we turn our schools into forts.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still something like .00001% or less of students are killed by school violence. Thousands killed by inattentive driving. I'm seriously getting more on board with no phones or cars until 21.

rk97 and RRP like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So an armed good guy inside the school works?

Shocked I am.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Freaky shit ain't it?

RRP likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Thank God there was a good guy with a gun there.

XFBO and RRP like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION...Shooter male, two wounded, one male one female, potential relationship issue for shooter. No word on the gun used, so it probably was NOT an AR. END PURE SPECULATION

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

50% of the time, it works every time. Seriously, glad the officer was there and able to step up and do what he needed to do.

[​IMG]

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

If it was NOT an AR, then this incident will likely be ignored. It's only when those pesky AR's act out that the MSM seems to care.

BHP41 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On thing I saw cop said handgun, that's it tho.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

While probably not the driving force, there is a documented element of killers wanting to be famous, and this media frenzy can't be helping.
    I actually saw someone on Fox address this issue following the Florida shooting after they had been covering nothing but the shooting for over 24 hours.

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

They all do it. They all cover it and then they all have a 3 person panel discuss later if the media coverage is making it worse. And they do that shit where they dont mention the shooters name although every person in the country knows the name. All a bunch of bullshit to squelch the feelings of guilt.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, copycats looking for fame have always been a huge problem.

Just a guess though, this one looks like teen love angst.

16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

That's very likely being whom was shot. But maybe not.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If it's a handgun then it must be a Glock. It's a rule.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yes of course it does, when the person is properly trained and equipped and is actively engaged in threat assessment and response daily. I think for schools without resources for a full time officer a model like that used at zoos could work. Zoo employees volunteer for emergency response team duties, then train continuously throughout the year. They also disperse secured firearms throughout the facility. I don’t see why schools couldn’t do the same. If it were part of a regional or Supra-regional program I think it would be very cost effective as well. Of course training people to shoot targets that shoot back is more difficult than taking out a lion on the loose, but it can be done.

Of course, that’s assuming it’s even worth expending resources to bother with mass shooting incidents. I don’t believe it is given the statistical rarity compared to other public health threats. I’m sure that the same amount of effort and funding directed toward road safety would produce at least an order of magnitude greater benefit if measured objectively. Of course though, public policy and laws aren’t usually made on the basis of logic. Shootings are in the news so we must “DO SOMETHING!”

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The school system in Augusta and surrounding GA counties have their own police force. Is this common across the country? I'm thinking no.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

In large metropolitan areas probably, other places no. LAUSD does, the school system I went to in Hawaii had a few fat Samoan security guards who were good at eating rice and buying weed from student drug dealers. I’m sure most of the country is like that school system, though replace fat Samoa security guard with redneck and rice with potatoes.