1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-4 2018

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Harry V. III, Dec 29, 2017.

1. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Where the hell is Stu? Ya'll never get those built without. I know, let him work on Harry's ..... should offset any weight penalty.

2. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Geeze, All this prima facie. I plead innocent. You guys are giving me way too much credit as an engine builder. I just like to ride on the track because I don't get lost. All I know how to do is adjust valves and change oil.
    Fresh paint, spare head and used carbs are just back up for the junk yard dog. I have lost weight so my bike does feel faster.

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Oh great, first a cheater motor and now the lap band to lose weight. You're quickly becoming an outsider to the Friday at 9 Martini club. What say ye Dave?

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, we may have to do something "special" for Harry. I find clarity of vision in See Thru's. Hence, the need for such when fettling BSA's. Now that Harry has added training to his repitoire, I'm somewhat flummoxed as to what to do. Let me ponder a wee bit and I'll come up with recommendations.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Outsider V6 V7

On a technical note does anyone recall optimum swingarm angle. I don't want to have to go back through the entire suspension for mortals DVD collection. Harry since your bike was set up by a professional suspension tuner, Cogent Suspension, can you give me the measurement from center rear axle to lower frame rail?

6. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I knew it would need a lot. I guess the good thing about a superbike build is that you pretty much replace it all anyways.

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

12 - 13 degrees?

Cheers,

Dave

8. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Even though EBoz is twice my size and can knock a Man out with just one punch.

Dave, you scare me more.

#156 Well-Known Member

Dave. I talked to steve-o yesterday and i'm in for road a in june on my v-4 bike. Look forward to seeing you.

10. Outsider V6 V7

Wayne, new rules you may not have heard of. Riders in V4 must weigh at least 200 pounds. I was unaware until Dave explained it to me. I'm ok with the new rules. LOL

eboz

TLR67 likes this.
  11. Outsider V6 V7

The good news is you have 3 months to train. Drink up.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

That's 200 lb BEFORE boots, leathers, back protector, gloves and helmet. Eboz sez he'll provide the Speedos for weigh-in.

Cheers,

Dave

TLR67 likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That was a great Martini a few weeks back at Roebling.... Good to meet ya Dave!

14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

You're most welcome. Apparently I will need to start bringing half gallons of Bombay instead of mere quarts. It is a task I will take on gladly. I tend to specialize in M cocktails: Martini's, Manhattans, Margaritas', Mojito's, Mint Julep's, Metropolitan's, Moscow Mule's, . . .

Cheers,

Dave

TLR67 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bombay makes vodka (the Moscow Mule in the list)?

And rum and bourbon and and and :D

16. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

No, Bombay is strictly gin. I, However, have a wider palette and expertise beyond gin and Martini's. You will note that the M referred to the names of cocktails, whereas the Bombay reference was specific to TLR67's Roebling Road reference. You too, I suspect, have a palette and expertise wider than a single conncoction. You should stop by the BSA pit some evening . . . I suspect their might be a glass available for you . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I can stay awake longer than 8:30 I may do so some evening - walked dogs, did points, cooked and ate dinner and that was it at Roebling :D

#156 Well-Known Member

Man i'm almost there. At 170 now but if I keep drinking I will be 200 by june.

19. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Mmmmmhmmm....

20. Outsider V6 V7

a little more progress this evening. rear tabs ground off, plate placement attempt, new front tire and brakes. Carbs finally back together, I've never seen carbs that had a broken choke rod. Tank badges should arrive tomorrow, then will mark swingarm and drop it off to get lower shock mounts welded and braced. kz progress 3-19.jpg

pscook likes this.